direct statistical trading a "clearly" defined approach by NTW31

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by nukethewhales31, Dec 31, 2008.

1. forgot chart on that

#21     Jan 5, 2009
  2. and take profit was hit
    made 500$
    done for the day

#22     Jan 5, 2009
  3. What does the "Open Average" adornment do for you? (I know what it is, I just want to know why you use it.)

#23     Jan 5, 2009
  4. just states open average for me in the corner cause im a mac user and dont like loading mt4 in vmware fusion to do my calulations so i need it to be displayed so i can calculate fast.. its a speed thing

#24     Jan 5, 2009
  5. That brings up my next questions.

I noticed you're using the same broker as I am (Oanda). Oanda doesn't have cheap/convenient access to their price data, so how do you run your stats?

You referred to MT4 just now. I suppose you could run the stats on another broker's platform that's MT4-based (like IBFX) and trade on Oanda. Is this what you're doing?

Running the stats by hand by entering candle OHLC data into a spreadsheet would be painful.

#25     Jan 5, 2009
  6. mt4 i have things ive written and found that post these for me but since i trade on a mac mt4 is not avail for my platform so i use oanda. shorter periods are easy you can simply write a excel sheet to figure it out with manual entry you have a hour or so depending on the frame you trade to fill it in and update so its not bad.
    for the longer periods for stats yes.. i use a demo broker account with mt4 on it on fusion.
    yes ... yes it is ... thats why i will probably BREAK DOWN and when i say BREAK DOWN i mean cry and probably have some suicidal thoughts and by a windows base laptop to run this stuff on side by side as my mac is my main trading system ive tried running fusion and running windows on one of the monitors hooked up to it ... but windows is bad itself and unreliable and on fusion it only gets worse as its being emulated ... it messes with my mac bad so id prefer to trade without it on as there is potential to lose money

#26     Jan 5, 2009
  7. So just to clarify, if you weren't a Mac dood, your preferred method would be to run an MT4 broker's screen alongside Oanda's to do the maths?

Last I checked, the spreads for EUR/USD on IBFX were 2 pips and 1.5 pips on Oanda and interactivebrokers. Oanda's spreads haven't been all that competitive lately.

#27     Jan 5, 2009
  8. yes, would make my life easier
    im stuck with oanda till i get a windows trading station or upgrade a couple more gig of memory and storage space running vmware on a extenal probably with more ram and that would probably clear up the prob but i just moved to florida and havent gotten to it yet. oh id probably use a ATC brokers

#28     Jan 5, 2009
  9. ok if there are no questions about odds of movements of candles and figuring them out ill move to odds of picking direction. next post

#29     Jan 5, 2009
  10. looks like there are no more questions about the odds of movement...

#30     Jan 6, 2009