Direct Access Brokers that will not sell your Order Flow to HFT

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by MRBRETTONWOODS, Jun 25, 2012.

1. PFOF has always been a controversial issue, but it is technically legal, even if it is subject to abuse.

If you take a look at Winston's posts on the thread I linked to earlier, he was arguing about how retail traders were getting their orders skimmed through such practices.

The point is that not everything is done by the book, and even then certain rules can be subject to creative interpretation. That is why firms hire securities lawyers.

This is more than a simple matter of brokering, there is also an angle of securities law. A manager wouldn't consult a broker to discuss legal issues, he would hire a lawyer.

#71     Jun 28, 2012
    ThunderThor likes this.
  2. Petro-Dollars are good enough for the US Government.

#72     Jun 28, 2012
  3. If you take a look at the dates & times of my posts, or if you actually read the threads I was posting in you would realize that I was not commenting on paying for order flow - more ripping on internalization during the days of flash orders. Now that flash trading is banned and over with I don't see nearly as much of a problem with outsourcing your order flow (even if you do get paid to send it somewhere). Clearly YOU didn't take a look at my posts or the thread you quoted from.

It's time to give it up on this subject. If I'm wrong and you have designed matching engines or have paid for order flow in the past please speak up...

#73     Jun 28, 2012
  4. Forget about flash orders and other forms of HFT. You were explicitly chastising 'hft internalizers'. That is the topic of discussion. Don't bring HFT in general into this discussion. That is a diversion. Stop trying to find avenues of escape from your established blatant hypocrisy.

#74     Jun 28, 2012
    ThunderThor likes this.
  5. 1245

Moderator, any chance we can close this thread? It's getting painful like looking into the sun.

#75     Jun 28, 2012
  6. The thread title is oxymornic.

Direct access trading is void of broker realationships.

#76     Jun 28, 2012
  7. I explained the title in an earlier post. Many retail brokers advertise themselves as offering 'real-time' trading, but often that is not the case.

Also, the cost structure at the retail level is not incentivized towards direct-access trading.

#77     Jun 28, 2012
  8. zdreg

zdreg

don't read it. who are you to speak for others ?

#78     Jun 28, 2012
    ThunderThor likes this.
  9. Seems I was somewhat early-to-the-game with this.

#79     Apr 4, 2014
  10. ch0c

ch0c

Retail traders shouldnt put up a huge stink as long as their orders get filled in a timely fashion, and that they have the option of 'direct-to-exchange' routing for a premium. The front-running problem which has many traders spooked sounds like its an institutional problem and not for retail individuals to worry about.

Bottom line;
    If your fills are quick and timely with good rates, as a retail trader, what more do you have to worry about? Fug it. Get money.

Don't like it? Go trade futures or forex (and obsess over pip spreads) equities aren't the only game in town and looking ahead forward it might be a bad idea with major changes to the ECN systems possibly looming around the corner to regulate the institutional fear of HFT and any future flash crash type events.

#80     Apr 20, 2014