Direct access brokers - Lightspeed, Cobra, Centerpoint....

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by greenmoose, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Hello.

Obviously Lightspeed has a presence here on the site and they are well respected.

Curious if anyone has any experience with some of the lesser talked about direct access brokers such as Cobra Trading or Centerpoint Securities.

Any others (besides IB)?

Thanks.

Robert Morse likes this.
  2. I'm intersted to know about this subject too, i couldn't find a list of direct access brokers on internet ?

Is tradestation a direct acess broker ?
    I think E*Trade, Schwab, Fidelity are not direct access , and TD ameritrade is Direct access?

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

4. FSU

FSU

Hate to put up any of Robert Morse's competition, but
    Dash Financial.

Also I would think its not just the introducing broker, but the trading software you use.

I know TD allows you to direct option orders to some (not all) of the exchanges.

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

They do not take small retail accounts and we take both. And on some software, we offer DASH Option algos and routing.

6. FSU

FSU

Bob, when TD allows you to direct an order to a specific exchange, would you consider this direct access, or does it still flow through their order purchasers first?

7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

SEC/FINRA have a strict definition of DMA for both equities and options. I'd prefer to chat about this offline.

8. What's Cross+?

9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Lightspeed Trader Crossfinder Plus Access - see attached.

jtrader33 likes this.
  10. toby400

toby400

Trade Station

#10     Aug 6, 2020