Dire Warning From Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Scataphagos, Feb 20, 2010.

1. So your suggestion is to be unprepared and desperate?

#31     Feb 21, 2010
  2. Not saying that at all. But just because you feel "prepared" doesn't mean you've got things covered..... unless you can effectively defend your situation.

#32     Feb 21, 2010
  3. Thanks for your suggestion. I have prepared for self-defense as well.

A very interesting book suggested by another poster on ET is:

http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Surviv...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266801620&sr=8-1

It was written by a man who lived through the economic collapse of Argentina in 2001. Although Argentina is very different than the US, it probably gives the best idea of what happens during an economic collapse in our current era . He dispels some myths that I have seen propagated on this site, such as moving out to a rural area for safety and avoiding cities. He said that one of the safest areas to live is in the suburbs of a major city where neighbors who live close to each other can band together for self-defense.

The book contains very practical information written in a conversational tone about vehicles, supply storage, finances, home security, self defense and much more.

#33     Feb 21, 2010
  4. I am almost certain this was reprinted and even posted on ET months back. I read it and it was quite disturbing especially considering I thought about buying property in BA after their collapse. I was quite green back then and all of the ex pat mags and websites were pumping BA left and right. One thing that struck me, because I bought a revolver after 911 in case of civil unrest because it's simple to use, is he advocated a semi auto handgun because of suppressive fire power. In other words, you will probably miss but a hail of bullets in the direction of the attacker is bound to demotivate most, whereas accurate rapid fire from revolver is next to impossible.

I asked a good friend, whom has traded and studied for quite some time, his uncle married an Argentinian lady about the situation. He said the signs were there for those that could read them. Out of control hyper inflation, interest rates north of 18%, at a point they couldn't be serviced. Instantly I thought Iceland. I remember thinking about investing money a couple of years back in the Ice Saver, or whatever it is, account and then I thought no don't understand pass. Glad I passed.

So I will be on my guard as rates surge higher north of 15%. The thing is though I recall it happened when Volker was at the helm and the US was fine? Can anyone explain the difference I would really like to know. Both Argentina and Iceland collapse and the US with similar interest rates is fine?

#34     Feb 21, 2010
  5. BSAM

BSAM

1. Massive cuts in government spending.
    2. Responsible budgets.
    3. Transparency in government.
    4. A total overhaul of the tax system.
    5. Politicians with integrity. (Ron Paul)

If you add 1 thru 5 above, what do you get? No, not 15. You get freedom for the people.

Why does the United States thug government fear freedom for the people?

#35     Feb 21, 2010
  6. #36     Feb 21, 2010
  7. Great blog with a lot of useful information. Thanks for posting it. His book is written in the same way--packed with practical advice.

#37     Feb 21, 2010