Dire Warning From Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Scataphagos, Feb 20, 2010.

1. People are pissed off now? Wait until the community organizer comes after their 401(k)'s and pensions to help pay the bills. :D

That's when the shit is really gonna hit the fan. It's just a matter of time.

#11     Feb 20, 2010
  2. I agree with some of his views. Definitely the view that we should stop being the international police man and scale back on the imperialism.

Austrian economics though, hmm. No intervention, hmm. That's what happened during the first part of the Great Depression. Didn't work out so well. Schaph you might be right, Keynesian econ just postponed the inevitable but we both can agree that only time will tell. I think we are going back into double dip recession or whatever you want to call it. I hope I am wrong, but the little recovery we had was bought by the government. Biden says they have half of the stimulus left. So maybe their plan is to forestall the inevitable until they are out of office?

#12     Feb 20, 2010
  3. jnbadger

jnbadger

This was in committee a while back. Being pissed is what it's going to take. I certainly am.

The fucking carot top snowboarder guy drives two Lamborghini's because middle class dumbasses give their money to their kids to worship him.

I'm all for being rewarded for outstanding performance, but Jesus people. Watch your wallet. And buy homes you can afford.

#13     Feb 20, 2010
  4. EMRGLOBAL;

I said he is weird, I didn't say he is wrong. God knows this country needs fiscal discipline now or it will soon be too late.

:cool:

#14     Feb 20, 2010
  5. BSAM

BSAM

(One syllable whistle of amazement).....

Why you're pert near the bravest man ever I heared of. Why itsa wonder them backwards ass people down yonder didn't tar and feather you at the border.:p

#15     Feb 20, 2010
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Yikes! You don't own an airplane do you??

#16     Feb 20, 2010
  7. jnbadger

jnbadger

Lol. Not that pissed off. But even if I was, I'd like to think I could focus my anger in other ways.

#17     Feb 20, 2010
  8. Lethn

Lethn

Am I the only one who actually prefers the slow psychological torture of our enemies that is currently occuring thanks to their own system failing on them?

#18     Feb 20, 2010
  9. You could be smug about that... except ours is failing too.

#19     Feb 20, 2010
  10. Ron Paul is one of the few beacons of light in our current economic gloom. Unfortunately, the government is taking absolutely none of the actions he recommends. Obama has proposed freezing spending on about a third of the budgetary items, but not until next year. Our military operations in the mid-East are expanding rather than contracting. Military action in Iran could well be next.

In fact, I am not aware of a single action taken by our government to address the roots of this crisis except to do the only thing they know how to do--spend more money.

Our debt is unpayable and our government does not have the will to solve the problem. The consequences that Ron Paul describes in his video will occur. The only question is when and how rapidly. The self-sufficiency "kooks" like me are not going to be happy if economic collapse and chaos occurs, but at least we will be prepared.

#20     Feb 20, 2010