DipBuyer performance mid2007

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by maos, Jul 27, 2007.

What is your YTD performance

1. below 5%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5 - 10%

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. 10 - 15%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. above 15%

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. maos

maos

Hey all of you out there trading dipbuyers...

I trade a dipbuyer system on US stocks...and here are the YTD results...

I was up 27% for the year until several days ago... Now I'm up 7%! That's one hefty drawdown for a few days work (this week I lost 49,000$...).

My main problems this year(which caused drawdowns 10-20%)are:

1) February-March correction and subprime mortgage breakdown
    I had lot's of positions like AHM,RAS,NFI,NEW...(for e.g. I rode new century(NEW) down from 18$ to 6$ and than sold it contrary to system signals) ---> Drawdown in march +25% ! (took me 3 months to get back on track)

2) Utility sector correction in June which resulted in +15% drawdown --- But I quickly got out of that drawdown...

3) July another subprime related correction ---> Current drawdown around 15% (should be around 25% but I blocked trades like AHM,NCT,RAS and CFC this time around! ).

---------------------

What I'd like to know is how you who trade dipbuyers performed this year and how you got through the periods I mentioned above.

P.S. If today markets rebound from yesterday's selloff I should cover at least 30-50% of drawdown, and so far the index futures look good...so maybe YTD performance is a bit misleading...

2. How does the current drawdown compare to backtesting DDs, e.g. May/June 2006? If it's within historical norms, then there's nothing to worry about.

3. Don´t worry ! My interpretation of a "bear" market....IMAO!! Markets will have a sharp bounce back.

[​IMG]