Dip Buyers Vindicated

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LeonPhelps, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Never said short it, but to take your $$ and move on.

#31     Jun 11, 2007
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I guess I should not have quoted you, coz i was not directly speaking to you..just in general about AAPL. Sorry.

#32     Jun 11, 2007
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Good luck with that. Get back to me in 10/15 years and let me know how its working out for you.

#33     Jun 11, 2007
  4. I've already been doing it for longer than that and I'm still here. High volume is always late to the party.

#34     Jun 11, 2007
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Continued good fortune then. Whenever I ignore it I get bit in the ass for it.

#35     Jun 11, 2007
  6. sell the rallies until econ data

#36     Jun 11, 2007
  7. Mvic

Mvic

A joke thread from the ET Jester, er I mean genius? :D (just kidding around LP, I'm sure your IQ is higher than mine whatever that means)

Loaded with EEM Puts and reversed my hedge and went short @1525. This was nothing more than a bounce, and a weak one at that. The sox tried to break the down trend line but was unable to and left a hammer sitting there meaning a probably down day tomorrow. BKX hit resistance at 116 and wasn't able to penetrate. Yen indicating some elevated perception of risk. Vix still above 14 and IYR down 1.5% are some of the things I am looking at for confirmation one way or another, not to mention deteriorating market internals AD dropping, down vol picked up to swamp up vol in the last hour, RSI and Macd weak on this bounce and a few divergences in various indicators. Not sure how much more down side there is but looking for at least 1498 but potential for 1460-1480.

#37     Jun 11, 2007
  8. I never said to ignore volume. Volume is important BUT it is totally dependent on WHERE within the trend the volume occurs. The last three months we have been in a low volume uptrend. If the bears were strong enough they could pummel this market but they don't have the power. Low-volume extended uptrends are more difficult to reverse than high volume ones. When you see a high volume upmove in this trend it will most likely be a blowoff top and the market will reverse.

At least that is what my market experiences have taught me.

#38     Jun 11, 2007
  9. Volume is critical. Even on flat days, it can portend exhaustion selling or buying.

IMO

#39     Jun 11, 2007
  10. I congradulate you, sir; well played.

#40     Jun 12, 2007