Dip Buyers Vindicated

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LeonPhelps, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Why long dated? The crash is a-coming soon, right? REPENT!

Better idea: Purchase 200 pt OTM puts on ES and finance by selling OTM ES calls. Hell, sell ATM ES calls. More Premium! FREE $$$ with ZERO RISK !!! $$$

With futures margin you can load up the friggin truck leveraged to the max! Then kick back, smoke em if you got em, and watch it roll in. Then your biggest problems are what to do with all that coin and avoiding Makloda looking for sympathy handouts. One consideration:

[​IMG]

#21     Jun 11, 2007
  2. piezoe

piezoe

I don't know where this market is going, i never do, I only know what it looks like and that is down down down. Of, course it is never straight down (until now perhaps) so we could make a right shoulder before plunging below Ms Markets neckline. If we go back to 1540, consolidate, and then rocket higher on an Atlas booster of big volume, i'll be the first to say "it looks like up up up." But until then it looks like down down down. Stock, Don't let yourself be suckered by these tiny, nambi pambi rallies on pathetic volume. SPX up 1.45, Dow up 1. This is options expiration week so i suppose we have to wait until reality hits next week to find out what's really going to happen.

#22     Jun 11, 2007
  3. Prevail

Prevail Guest

...or you can take advantage of skew and buy put ratio spreads and own long puts for free.

#23     Jun 11, 2007
  4. 1360 out 2400...ouch

#24     Jun 11, 2007
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

They have obviously changed it, and you are either not very old, thus dont know that 1600 used to be a perfect score, or you simply never took the test. At the time I took the test the 25/75 of people getting into Ivy League schools was 1350 to 1500 something. I would have never been accepted to one of them, because my score was in the low end, and my gpa was an amazing 2.03 at graduation. I did not pull my head out of my ass till later in life.

#25     Jun 11, 2007
  6. not a bad day; not a great day

TONS of data due on wed, thurs, fri

#26     Jun 11, 2007
  7. Do yourself a big favor, sell your AAPL. I.phone is a piece of shit, this is the biggest anticipated device in a long time. It can only disappoint from here. Classic buy the rumor, sell the news type scenario.

Be smart, get out and look for something better if your such a bull.

#27     Jun 11, 2007
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

What exactly determines good days, bad days, great days, terrible days? I think that the market opened on time at 930 and ran all day without a hitch, closing at 400..seems pretty typical, nothing good, bad black or brown about it.

#28     Jun 11, 2007
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Eventually AAPL will suffer from being the leader. Everyone will try to come in and copy what they are doing, eventually someone will do it better. Its already being seen with the Ipod (though I think that the Ipod is still the best product). At any rate, its probably a silly thing to think that AAPL is going to continue to grow its earnings the way it has been forever. That said, I think that if I had owned AAPL for awhile the last thing I'd be thinking about is selling it right now, its the strongest stock on the board, and certainly anyone thinking about shorting it here should, at least in my opinion, step back and take a deep breath before they hit the button.

#29     Jun 11, 2007
  10. Well, this is the way I look at it. If I buy the emini at 1517 and sell it at 1529 I made 12 points. I still made the same amount of money regardless of the volume it took to get it to 1529. If you have to wait for volume you have already missed the majority of the move.

#30     Jun 11, 2007