Dinosaur question

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by earlyred, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Almost certainly not the case. Sorry to speculate on your situation, but HFT is a dead horse beaten on by mostly losers. You need to stop blaming other people if you're going to be successful. :) :)

To start, you should check if your time frames are wrong. Your notion of not being able to compete is 100% hogwash - there are sky scrapers (literally) of other traders making money on 20 second data. If you've been trading as long as you have, your system is also obviously bust or needs tuning. Don't be so naive! You've been around long enough to be able to handle these sorts of things.

#11     Feb 5, 2012
  2. ================
    Yes,E red.

An elephant is related to an extinct wolly mamoth;
    thats simply a scientific fact.

IBD[William O Neill ]noted its impossible for an elephant to get into a bathtub without notice. Thay leave tracks sometimes also.

I like to game bird hunt for fun, food-thrill ,chills, excitement, faster than 50 mph, much faster in windy weather.

But to answer again your question, turtles, elephants eat well;
    but not fast, they feast...IBD also likes a 200dma

#12     Feb 25, 2012
  3. Eight

Eight

+1

markets are fractal in nature..

#13     Feb 25, 2012
  4. Handle123

Handle123

I think cause you trade a market that is skiddish to start, has much less volume than ES, you are going to have to change either timeframe or add another filter, perhaps time. You can wait for the breakout on usual timeframe then lower timeframe to find an acceptable entry area.

The methods I use to trade Russell are waiting for a Thrustbar, then retracement, sure I miss entries that never come back, but the slippage would be half my desired profit, and most of the time price will retrace anyway.

I just don't like all the risk trading breakouts as they seem to be in areas of HFT?

#14     Feb 28, 2012
  5. ==============
    Good points,SS.

Sounds like nickname Early Red used the wrong word ''random'':D ;
    & he meant undesirable more so than random:cool:

Speaking of '' undesirable''. While SIF are liquid to be sure, diversified to be sure.... frankly any experienced trader could find something that trends better than SIF,, like some ETF...

#15     Feb 29, 2012