Dinner with Ashraf Laidi, forex fundy.

Discussion in 'Forex' started by namefull, Mar 16, 2007.

1. namefull

namefull

Guy knows his stuff, that is for sure, his forex projections are not bad at all, however,

I just don’t understand why people like him are not more technical.

I told him look, I beat forex every day just with technicals, completely ignoring fundamentals. And I do mean completely ignoring forex news.

I have guaranteed stops with my broker for a fee.

The point I am making is, too much effort goes into reading fed notes and elections pre outcomes.

Same or better results can be “gotten” with technicals

Now take that and pip it, all you fundies

2. If everyone used TA exclusively.....do you still think you would find it that easy to make money using TA in the fx? Fundamental players drive price movement a lot and this inturn is picked up by technical indicators. The divergence of traders based on their strategies is a good thing. Fundamental trading does work.....each trader to his own mechanism, you should have learnt something from Ashraf rather than trying to look superior through your approach to the market.

FX traders always saying their method is the best.......they make 100pips a day......they make 500% a month.....they can do better than hedge fund managers....blah...blah...blah. I am pretty sure that more stock traders make money than fx traders. That being said i am an fx trader but it is sickening the idiots entering this market and acting like they are making millions or should i say their 100pips a day.

3. namefull

namefull

its not about pips nor chiks

its about how confident you are in your knowledge

I can make 50k on 20 pips every now and then

all I know is I outperform most fundies

4. risky63

risky63

rub faster.....you will come out a head