Dilemma

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by fordewind, Feb 19, 2018.

1. fan27

fan27

Just so I understand correctly, when price is "moving fast" there is a lag in your indicator calculation which results in your signals being generated late. Sound correct? If so then optimizing your indicator logic might help.

#21     Feb 20, 2018
  2. No, the indicator is rigid and gives an immediate signal.The issue is the price that flies by at times.

#22     Feb 20, 2018
  3. I assume that both @fan27 and me don't know your strategy (at least I don't know). But we both seem to hint that your indicator logic is too rigid and does not adapt to rate of change of the price. Which might cause it to miss the right timing in some cases.

#23     Feb 20, 2018
    MaxPastukhov and fan27 like this.
  4. fan27

fan27

You aren't likely going to get much further with this problem without correctly analyzing your system logic. Probably best to hire a programmer to help you out if you are unable troubleshoot the code yourself. Further back and forth in this thread will not help you.

#24     Feb 20, 2018
  5. It adapts to rate of change quite well.I thought it would be clear from the chart i had attached.You could see that all of them signals worked actually.

Also, i got some hints from the thread as well.Thanks to all, it`s serving its purpose so far.

#25     Feb 20, 2018
  6. Handle123

Handle123

The last signal not being right as your 3-4 is shorter than 1-2, and being so with be more explosive when it turns. Whereas when 3-4 is longer on earlier examples maybe cause larger positions got it and dried up to cause the turn. In a way I see it as divergence and it be a continuation pattern.

#26     Feb 20, 2018
    fordewind likes this.
  7. ''
    %%

''Huge slippage''; i find some thing else. With so many good trends, what if the markets turn against me?? Or even sideways slop chop i dont need or want ''huge slippage'', especially since even good volume could change+not for the better........i do some small caps, worse than average slippage but not ''huge slippage'':caution: Actually i aim @ getting up more myself, good for health; but old habbits can be hard to break LOL.

#27     Feb 20, 2018
    fordewind likes this.
  8. Just coded last hook 3-4 to be equal to 1-2.Will see what happens.

#28     Feb 20, 2018
  9. You said: "Have a system that works quite well manually,but since recently, as some RSI problem(don`t confuse with the RSI indicator, please.lol) started to develop i can no longer sit and monitor for hours as before.

If this recent development is basically in the past few weeks, I would say its "Volatility Explosion and Implosion" on both an intra-day and multi-day basis.
    The markets are use to a stable VIX of 10 for a very long time, but suddenly we are dealing with the VIX in the 20-40 range.
    That means if your automated system enters with High Vix and the VIX has wild intraday swings,
    the lower VIX swing drops have a tendency to lower value in many trading products.

VIX  FEB 4, 2018 to FEB15, 2018.png

#29     Feb 20, 2018
  10. Thanks, Jeff.No, no recent.Evidently, it`s a backtested results over the 4 years worth of data.

#30     Feb 20, 2018