Digital Video!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Don Bright, Jan 28, 2007.

1. OK guys, I need some some of you may know, I do most of my own "stuff" on the web...not that I can't afford to pay someone else of course, but heck, I enjoy it. I admit that my site is average at best, but that brings me to to this note asking for help.

I have "Youtubed" and I have cut and pasted some digital video, but I want someone who actually knows what they're doing to help me some user friendly software where I can put together some of the video interviews with my brother and other traders to share with the public.

I have a couple of the "cool" cameras, hard drive memory, etc., and can get the stuff loaded up, but want/need to be able to do the storyboard, frame by frame editing...

Maybe something reciprocal could be arranged.....

any takers??

2. jhaughey

Hi Don, I'm a film editor by trade... but across the pond unfortunately...
    heres a link to some cool free programs
    these programs are just the trick to simply cut picture and audio. You can do your title cards and all that stuff as standard with these things..
    It'll be a bit of a learning curve though....
    I use Apple exclusively (pretty much everyone does in this field) If you can get your hands on a cheap Mac that has iMovie, its by far the easiest to get to grips with. Theres no studying involved.. . very intuitive.
    Whatever you get, if you need any pointers or technical help just send me PM
  3. Thanks for the link, I'll check into it. I hope that the PC version of software will work as well. I'll probably be asking some questions, thanks a lot.

4. Player

If you're seriouse about it, deffinetly invest in a mac.