Digital Video Editing...help!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Don Bright, Jan 28, 2007.

1. OK guys, I need some help...as some of you may know, I do most of my own "stuff" on the web...not that I can't afford to pay someone else of course, but heck, I enjoy it. I admit that my site is average at best, but that brings me to to this note asking for help.

I have "Youtubed" and I have cut and pasted some digital video, but I want someone who actually knows what they're doing to help me...show me some user friendly software where I can put together some of the video interviews with my brother and other traders to share with the public.

I have a couple of the "cool" cameras, hard drive memory, etc., and can get the stuff loaded up, but want/need to be able to do the storyboard, frame by frame editing...

Maybe something reciprocal could be arranged.....

any takers??

Don

2. jhaughey

jhaughey

Hi Don, I'm a film editor by trade... but across the pond unfortunately...
    heres a link to some cool free programs
    http://desktopvideo.about.com/od/softwarereviews/tp/bestfreesw_ro.htm
    these programs are just the trick to simply cut picture and audio. You can do your title cards and all that stuff as standard with these things..
    It'll be a bit of a learning curve though....
    I use Apple exclusively (pretty much everyone does in this field) If you can get your hands on a cheap Mac that has iMovie, its by far the easiest to get to grips with. Theres no studying involved.. . very intuitive.
    Whatever you get, if you need any pointers or technical help just send me PM

3. Thanks for the link, I'll check into it. I hope that the PC version of software will work as well. I'll probably be asking some questions, thanks a lot.

Don

4. Player

Player

If you're seriouse about it, deffinetly invest in a mac.

5. Thank you for this wonderful sharing