Diffrences between QT and Ninja

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by amitman, Mar 18, 2008.

1. amitman

amitman

Hi all,
    I'm thinking on moving from QT to Ninjatrader due to Ninja's Chart Trader feature which is exactly something i need with me system.
    The problem I've found though is with the indicators, since my system os based upon MA's. What i've noticed is that the same MA in the same time frame look different in Ninja Trader then it looks in QT, the slope is not the same the price crosses it in different places and so on. I think that Ninja trade Ma's are just slower meaning that if you put a, for example, 12WMA in QT you'll need to plot a 6WMA in Ninja to get the same results.
    Does anybody else know something about what I've described or experienced the same phenomnan?
    thank you

2. Aok

Aok

Same data feeding both?

You could get slight value differences from the different feeds or the more likely explanation would be how each program handles the bar time values as to when it begins/ends compiling the bar.

If the bars are not the same then the close wont be the same and if your MA is based on the close, presto different ma value. Shouldnt be twice as much though.

3. I've see the NinjaTrader charts and they are clean and I like them ... but a lot of work has gone into QuoteTracker at this point in my "trading relationship" with them, so I'm going to keep them as is.

NT costs substantially more than QT, for WIW, and ultimtaely, as far as charting is concerned, I think QT is just a better product, for the simple fact that this is "what these people do".

Hope that helps.

4. No question, QT is much better IMO. I tried NT for a short while and readily saw that it was not for me. QT is much easier to use.

Good trading to you.

5. make sure in NT you set ''calculate on bar close'' to false, its on by default and its off by default on all other charting packages.