Different types of Option scalping strategies?

Discussion in 'Options' started by Aston01, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Aston01

Aston01

Are there more then two different type of scalping techniques when working with options?

The two that I am aware of are:

Gamma scalping - which requires a relatively large move fairly quickly to work.

Stock like scalping - just utilizing long call/put options like someone would going long or short stock.​

There are so many different options strategies out there for all manner of scenarios it just made wonder if there was something I had over looked.

2. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

These are my favorite three:

1. Buy Low - Sell High
    2. Buy High - Sell Higher
    3. Buy F*n High - Sell F*n Higher

:)

Handle123 and lawrence-lugar like this.
  3. Handle123

Handle123

Being Counter:
    1. Sell High - Buy Low
    2. Sell Higher - Buy High
    3. Sell F*n Higher - Buy F*n High
    Make it faster when underlying is falling

4. cvds16

cvds16

you could also do delta-neutral vol scalping over several series ... I used to do something like that about 10 years ago ... not sure that is still possible nowadays ... you need a broker with no cancellation costs and an option model linked real time to the underlying market ... and you need to be fast at adjusting prices ...

5. Aston01

Aston01

So more or less the two mentioned originally for practical purposes are about it.

6. cvds16

cvds16

well, if you want to do stock like scalping you might want to use more series and look at your delta's, more chances of getting hit on the right side of the bid or ask ... like a mid ground between vol-scalping and what you call stock scalping ...

7. Seems easy straight forward enough, o_O but the devil and skill/craft/art is in the details. -- not many people figure out how to be profitable, atleast in the long run.

8. Why are there so many childish boys on a site meant for serious adults interested in serious development?

Timetwister likes this.