Different Trading Styles

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TraderTactics, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Here are the Different Trading Styles of different Trader around the globe. Which one is your favorite?

1. Day Trading
    2. Position Trading
    3. Swing Trade.
    4. Scalp.

2. Before we get to trading styles, let us talk about the English language. The modern English language has an analytic structure that conforms to very simple rules. It has no case morphology, which is found in languages like Russian. Put in correct English, your statement above shoud read:

"Here are the different trading styles of different traders around the globe."

Some people who have not studied foreign languages may not understand why you used "trader" instead of "traders" after different. In English, plural is formed, in most cases, by adding an "s" at the end of the word. However, in languages like Russian there is peculiar morphology that even Russians do not know how it arose. Using latin characters I give an example:

- adna knuga (one book)
    - dve, tree, tsitire knugu (two, three, four books) but
    - vocem knug (eight books)

Now, I can understand why you wrote "different trader".

Snovem godam

3. I know one of the main questions you could ask yourself is whether you want to choose a contrarian strategy or a trend-following strategy.

But, as far as time frames are concerned, some for the stock market are almost un-usable because of the trading gaps. Forex is 24 hours a day so you have more flexibility. If you looked at it from a mathematical point of view, if you could develop a profitable method which produces 10 consecutive losses once in a while, and if you only traded once a month, then you could have 10 consecutive months of losses. That's why I prefer Forex because of the flexibility you have in choosing time frames and also the flexibility with micro lot accounts.

4. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

these are not trading styles, they are different time frames. they all seem pretty much the same strategy to me: momentum based outright strategies - with the exception of scalping.

to understand trading styles, you have to get to first base and understand what it is you are trading.

if you are trading fixed income for example, the strategies could be:
    yield curve arbitrage,
    volatility surface arbitrage,
    spread trading,
    treasury/swaption/cap-floor correlation trades,
    asset and cross currency swaps,
    cash/futures basis trades,
    outright momentum play (which requires no understanding of the product)
    etc

hope that helps.

5. spindr0

spindr0

Are you Jack Hershey in disguise ???

:)

6. Probably this men is CIA agent he speaks Russian well....:)