Different time frames and trading

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by cpo, Sep 6, 2002.

1. cpo

cpo Guest

tntneo:

You came right to the point. I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with you. Why not seek simplicity?

That's also where I wanted to get to. While using different time frames is useful in the perspective of the analyst, it seems to be just the opposite in the perspective of the trader.

Again and again old timers refer to entering a trade, preferrably, always in the direction of the major trend. However that doesn't mean we will be trading different time frames - we always trade a single time frame. It's just a matter of risk evaluation and strategy.

Anyway a thing seems to be clear in this thread: the risk and trading rules should be always based upon the time frame we are trading. Let the other frames for analysis and trend evaluation.

In the end it's all about our money, not the theoreticians'. :)

cpo

#11     Sep 7, 2002
  2. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

thanks cpo.
    aphex and inlong, from my perspective you are talking about the same time frame.

To me a time frame is not the same thing as the bar size.
    but I know several do that, some with 3 levels (same chart but 3 different bar sizes).. I tried that at some point, but it does not have to be so 'complicated' imho.
    Anyway I agree with what you are saying, although I don't trade that way at all.

tntneo

#12     Sep 7, 2002