Different strategies or patterns for different times of day?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by VinceField, Dec 15, 2020.

1. As I've explained, those are not strategies. It's simply a foundational concept. The strategy is how it is executed. For example, you mentioned reversals. The strategy would entail the market and stock conditions necessary to enter the trade, including entry and exit signals. Or you could simply share a reversal pattern... A price action or indicator pattern that informs you that a reversal is likely to occur.

#11     Dec 15, 2020
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

...and none of the catchy names has made you reliable coin, and you're thinking that there's some *other* (perhaps even similarly-labeled) strategy out there, and you're going to be gifted with it, and they won't take your Lambo away (at least, for this month).

When you start making reliable coin, then you can offer your strategies to the world. (That's if you can survive such marvelous and dazzling spiffy plays like "abcd patterns" and "ascending wedges.") But if you find a nice formula -- one that works reliably in Your Favorite Market -- and you happen to post it, don't worry -- you *will* receive the following reply, I guarantee:

"I tried that last year in corn futures, and got completely cleaned out. You are an idiot."

:cool:

In sum:
    • to throw pearls before swine, you first need the pearls.
    • but don't forget -- they're swine, anyway. Remember that.

#12     Dec 15, 2020
    johnnyrock, Trader200K and They like this.
  3. I've only been paper trading for a couple months so I can't speak to the reliability of the strategies I mentioned. I do know traders who use them and they make consistent profits with them, so I wouldn't agree with your first statement.

You guys are seriously overcomplicating a very simple post.

#13     Dec 15, 2020
  4. userque

userque

LOL ... welcome to ET

#14     Dec 15, 2020
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Start trading them live, starting tomorrow, and get back to us on how you are able to adapt the strategies the other traders you know who are profitable from using them.

I.E. You should not care about strategies that are profitable for other traders. You should care only about those that work for you.

Here's, one...

Buy at 10:30 Am ET, sell at 1 PM ET. Try it! It might work for you!

#15     Dec 15, 2020
  6. Lol man I've never seen trolls like this on any other trading forum.

#16     Dec 15, 2020
    userque likes this.
  7. When you started trading, did you simply invent your own strategies from scratch without having any guidance, advice or indication of what other successful traders were doing? Or did you research some reputable strategies and give them a try to see if they worked? Of course you did the latter and not the former, which is why your insinuation is ludicrous.

The only way to find what works for you is to try out what works for other people and experiment until you find something that works for you. Literally no one goes into the market with zero notion of what to do. We learn from others and adapt what we learn to our own style and practice.

#17     Dec 15, 2020
  8. Overnight

Overnight

"...Let me give you an example to show you how easy it is. At the open i trade the dip and rip strategy and ORBs above pre market levels. In the early morning I trade abcd patterns, bull flags, ascending wedges and ema pullbacks on strong trending stocks."

I didn't learn any of that. I received one simple line of wisdom..."What is the market likely to do most of the time?"

So if you have examples of how easy it is, why not start doing it live instead of simulation mode?

Why are you asking questions about strategies, when we have now established that all strategies must be our own? I just gave you one.

#18     Dec 15, 2020
  9. I didn't say trading was easy. I said that sharing our own strategies and favorite patterns is easy. To demonstrate I listed a few of my own. If you aren't interested in doing so, this isn't the thread for you.

#19     Dec 15, 2020
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Fair enough. You're being given sage advice by others here, paper trader. Listen to them.

#20     Dec 15, 2020