Difference between a trade and an investment ...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kandlekid, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Both are money extraction mechanisms from average folk.

#21     Dec 5, 2019
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

Trade - long OR short (those who didn't mention that 2nd option obviously don't trade) for short term gain/income.

Investment - income AND/OR appreciation.

#22     Dec 5, 2019
  3. IamaMars

IamaMars

In my opinion, both of these areas can generate quite a large income. At the same time, each of them requires serious enough knowledge of the market to allow you to find a way out of a difficult situation and, in total, to get the most important thing, why we come to the market - money. Trading and investing also require initial capital. I would say that trading is a more active work, investing is a passive way of earning. But I know people who are equally successful in these areas of business and, accordingly, they get double profit.

#23     Dec 7, 2019
  4. Trading is dating.
    Investment is marriage.

ES

#24     Dec 10, 2019
  5. geedy

geedy

Best explanation there is. Trade yields profit faster, while proper investment takes years to make something meaningful.

#25     Dec 11, 2019
  6. Nobert

Nobert

Word ,, Specularis " , in Roman latin , a spy/scout.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    #26     Dec 11, 2019
    Evgeniy likes this.
  7. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Trading is a process and subset of investing whereas investing is the allocation of capital towards an asset or venture with the aim of deriving a return.

You trade stocks but you invest in the stock market.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2019
    #27     Dec 11, 2019
  8. i don't marry any stocks. i don't fall in love with them for any reason. i only date them. i will stay with them as long as they make me money. if not, i will dump them and replace them with another stock!

#28     Dec 11, 2019
  9. %%
    Good illustration;
    not that every investment is as complicated or as costly or as ''long'' as marriage.LOL-LOL:D:D,,:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:.

#29     Dec 11, 2019
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

And DayTrading is ... wham bam thank you ma'am. :D

#30     Dec 11, 2019
    GregorySG9 likes this.