Difference bet Prop firm, trading for bank/financial inst.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by HFOA, Mar 26, 2006.

1. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from FaderTrader:

Mulling a move there soon.

Right now I'm with a shop that put up the money for me, so I am obligated to give them 25% on top of a heafty ticket charge.

It was fine when I first began as I was happy just to be able to trade, but I'm past it now.

Prestige offers Blackwood, which is a copy of Anvil/Hammer. The guy who owns Prestige was one of the founding partners of Andover before they sold to Sunguard.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackwood is not a copy of Hammer (now called Anvil). Prestige is an LLC of Dimension Brokerage (formerly Dimension Capital), which is run by people who used to be with Andover (now Assent). If you're gonna post, try to get your facts right.

As for SMB, it's another sub/LLC at Dimension. Blackwood has some serious problems (it crashes all the time) so I would look elsewhere than Dimension, but if you want to work at Dimension, SMB is a fine choice.

#41     Feb 16, 2007