Diesel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rehoboth, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Bob111

Bob111

yep..count on me on this one..maintenance,proper\OEM stuff is an absolute key. + premium gas(if your engine designed for it). only once i had a new car(company,not my own-got 400K on it). rest of them are all used and each work at least 100k for me...don't get me wrong..i can afford coupe Bentley's or Ferrari's, but i drive 2000 nissan with 150K on it.. and it's runs damn well..:p
    car is a depreciating asset..stay away from depreciating assets and you will do pretty well in this country

#11     Sep 24, 2011
  2. The more and more I read about diesel, I dont understand why it isnt pushed more. The cold problem has been corrected. The emission has been corrected. So what you have now is a car/suv/truck/van that costs 10 to 20 percent more but lasts 50 to 100 percent longer and get 10 to 20 percent better fuel economy. These new hybrid clean diesels are pushing some serious limits. Get a hybrid diesel golf when you are 16, you wont need a new car until you are 40, and you probably will have only had to fill your car up 250 times.

#12     Sep 24, 2011
  3. Bob111

Bob111

if you go back and read thru my posts(99% of them are nonsense to be honest)..i was asking this same question for like last 5-7 years..switch to diesel will be much simpler and easier..but probably most advanced technologies are owned by germans plus no one in US have an interest in efficient cars to be honest..it's all BS..the money is already lobbied,absorbed,pocketed by many industries(including very powerful ethanol BS industry)..get real..this country is corrupt to the bone...worse than italy..everyone for himself..fuck the people and the country..this is the real today's motto in DC..grab as much as you can and stay in power and long as you can...

i still have these two questions...why nothing was done with cars running on NG and diesel..like i said before-cars was running fine on NG in russia for very long time..they done this like 30 years ago..

#13     Sep 24, 2011
  4. [​IMG]

#14     Sep 25, 2011
  5. Diesel engines have other problems than gasoline engines. For starters fungus can grow in your fuel tank. Sludge will clog your filters etc... You need extra maintanance on a diesel engine that you wouldn't get on a gasoline engine.

You can check this out...

http://www.diesel-fuels.com/bad-diesel-fuel.php

#15     Sep 25, 2011
  6. I have owned three diesels and never had any of the problems mentioned. Purchase fuel at a reputable outlet with high volume turnover, keep the tank close to full along with a diesel additive occasionally and the problems should be minimal.

#16     Sep 25, 2011
  7. Looks like a scare to buy our stuff site.

How much more maintenance is required for a diesel?

#17     Sep 25, 2011
  8. What do you mean more? You change the oil and you change the filters, that's it. Just keep a fuel filter with you and don't switch between No. 2 and Bio diesel. The Bio is great, but it cleans out so much gunk that almost immediately you need to change the fuel filter.

#18     Sep 25, 2011
  9. If you nreally want to get paranoid and look far in the future, if T.Boone Pickens gets his way and all big trucks are converted to NG then I can't see how the refiners could produce much diesel and the price would go sky high. But I don't know enough about it to make that prediction with confidence.

On the other hand, a deisel can easily be converted to to run on vegatable oil (which was what the guy named Diesel originally used for his new invention.) So in a bad gas shortage, you might be the only guy in the neighborhood who can drive to the store.

#19     Sep 25, 2011
  10. You should not buy diesel if you suffer from neck pain. The BMW 335d has more torque than a Ferrari 458 Italia.

#20     Sep 29, 2011