Didnt get required marks in a class - really hard to motivate myself

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Sikhinvestor, Aug 22, 2006.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Hello Sikh. I would research brain nutrition. I have done that, found several supplements that made a big difference in learning ability and ease of learning and feeling of wellbeing, etc.

#11     Aug 22, 2006
  2. lol nice and to the point!

To the OP, first think/study the causes of why you are not motivated to do well in your courses. This ablity to self insepct is a needed trait in good trading.

remmber you will have nobody to hold you accountable. just ur self.

--RS

#12     Aug 22, 2006
  3. jsmith

jsmith

Grades don't matter in the trading world.

If you get disappointed at yourself too easily, you will never make it as a trader. Becoming a full-time trader is going to be 1000x harder than your class.

Are you going to come post on ET everytime you have a bad day? You will have lots of company.

#13     Aug 22, 2006
  4. Damn you guys are rough. Just take the class again and develop better study habits. Find the Library and study at the same time every day. It makes all the difference in the world.

Don't listen to Bsmeter, he has never posted an intelligent reply or passed a Finance class. In fact if this had happened to Bs he would claim it was right wing conspiracy and grade fraud.

Bs you told him to f__k off, but you are still complaining about John Kerry losing the last election. How many generations of your family have walked up-right ?

#14     Aug 22, 2006
  5. The good thing about colleges is that they are all about money. Give them more and they are more than happy to give you another chance.

#15     Aug 22, 2006
  6. Disappointment is an extremely valuable learning experience. The best imo.

Pick yourself up, analyze where you can improve, and TRY,TRY again.

Establish a mentallity that disappointments are inevitable in life, and that they are invaluable.

Believe me, I'm a person who's worked his ass off and dealt with many, many dissapointments.

Failure is not an option.

-kt

#16     Aug 22, 2006
  7. lxor

lxor

Wait, did you say you failed a class.

You are coming to a forum filled with people who have been struggling to make it in trading for months or years and expecting sympathy over failing one class. Just look at all the angry posts on ET to see what I mean.

Congratulations on the opportunity to face failure. I have failed more classes than I can remember and still managed to graduate college with honors. Still school matters very little in trading. What matters is how accurately and quickly you can indepedantly observe the world/yourself, and how quickly you can change your own thoughts/behavior.

Ps: I even failed a keyboarding class in high school and look how beautifully I can type now. LOL
    (Shit now I'm going to have people check my spelling and punctuation)

#17     Aug 22, 2006
  8. Thanks everyone for your thoughts,

Like previously mentioned by some traders, its always good to look at your past mistakes and to work from them.

Thanks for everyone for their comments.

#18     Aug 22, 2006
  9. TrippleJ

TrippleJ

I've worked for Investment Banks since I graduated and no one has ever asked me my GPA.

#19     Aug 22, 2006
  10. asurania

asurania

hey then there is me pass the hardest course with flying colours, and had to withdraw from the easist course in univ.... well back for one semester so i can grad.. :)
    one lousy course otherwise i would be done univ for ever (well not for ever...if i go back for other things)...but could have had a new nice plaque/frame on the wall

it happens

#20     Aug 22, 2006