Didnt get required marks in a class - really hard to motivate myself

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Sikhinvestor, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Hi everyone,

I just didn't get the marks needed in a course to continue with my studies. Honestly I put a lot of time and effort into, I really want to go into finance. And I know its ridicolous, but I failed a course that I need 74% in and got about 10% less than that.

Has anyone here on the forum faced a situation like this, not sure of what to do. I am still shocked and speechless...

Thanks
    SI

2. what class...and for what degree...where are you going to school...was it a summer course?...

3. It was for a Finance course, 3rd year course in Uni and yeah I took it in the summer, its really a 20 week course packed into an 8 week course.

4. bsmeter

bsmeter

Who the fuck cares? Take the class again.

If you have to post nonesense like this maybe you should stick to washing dishes because you don't have what it takes.

5. hahaaaa...well...give the kid a break...but yea....you should take it again...its hard to get your moral support here on this forum...

6. at least they dont take off for spelling:D

7. If you can get this down in the mouth and unsure of what to do after failing one exam, maybe you ain't got the right set of marbles to be punished by the market until you get to the stage where you can make money.

No exam is going to teach you how to trade and you can be a complete retard yet still have what it takes in this game, so don't beat yourself up about that.

8. The only class that I ever failed was chapel in my senior year of college and at first they weren't going to let me graduate but then relented and made me write a huge composition on the importance of going to chapel. At commencement, they gave me my diploma last with an admonishment.

Later on they wanted me to donate money to the school. I told them to go fuck themselves.

Thanks for the excuse to vent.

9. Hey Sikhinvestor,

Describe your feelings to us. What are you feeling right now?

10. hey sikh.

i'm a finance major, too. senior year at a state/business school.

most finance courses aren't that bad (advanced ones can be a bitch, tho). I haven't failed one yet but have failed other courses (mainly math, figures.)

but, you just have to take it over, no big deal. plus, now you know most of the stuff and have the notes (hopefully).

did you get kicked off of business school or something of the sort? if you did maybe take it at a community college?

don't give up, college isn't huge if you want to be a trader, but the finance field is great, stick with it.

hope that helps,
    dan.

#10     Aug 22, 2006