Didn't catch the jobs speech..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Sep 8, 2011.

1. wildchild

wildchild

You didnt catch the speech? Lucky you.

#21     Sep 9, 2011
  2. "I am sending this Congress a plan that you should pass right away. It's called the American Blow Jobs Act. There should be nothing controversial about this piece of legislation."

#22     Sep 9, 2011
  3. How come neither side promotes buy American made ?

#23     Sep 9, 2011
  4. what would that be?

#24     Sep 9, 2011
  5. He's completely beholden to not just the unions, but also to his Wall Street overlords. Once you accept that this is the current reality, it explains a great deal about why he has alienated just about every segment of the general population.

Essentially, he has to find more "make work" projects for all of his union "bosses" while simultaneously coming up with some scam to release more "stimulus" that will flow thru to the I-Banks. He's all on board with Bernanke and Geithner because they are just as captured and love the plan to just rain cash and keep his donors happy.

#25     Sep 9, 2011
  6. It could be almost anything, if the demand was there.

#26     Sep 9, 2011
  7. :confused:

I'd say the American workforce are demanding some jobs. But the owners of these ridiculously huge corporations have gainfully (well, not really "gainfully") employed Asia.

Considering the type of young-folk I'm seeing through my window, I'm not sure the product they'd make would be any better than the sweat-shop Asians make.

#27     Sep 10, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

The money is in the private sector (it has a record setting presence there), and the market is dictating where it will be used, which to a large degree is: not here. That's the problem.

#28     Sep 10, 2011
  9. That is true. I find both sides of the debate to be largely misleading. I still firmly believe that what we are experiencing (more or less globally) are the side effects of transitioning into the "digital age" where bricks and mortars have largely become irrelevant and technology continues to replace large segments of the workforce. Certainly, offshoring has played its part, but there still has been very little discourse on just what an impact the internet has had (and the overall deflationary effects of said technology).

#29     Sep 10, 2011