Did you know that gas prices are down 47% since May?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jun 27, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The only thing he can do is call up Benny.

#11     Jun 28, 2012
  2. And I bet May is when Obama's presidency began according to this liberal dolt.

#12     Jun 28, 2012
  3. The price of gas when Obama took office was approx $1.90 a gallon- so what are we thanking him for?

#13     Jun 28, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Yeah, the last phone call was, "hey Ben, starting burning money, I need some deflation this year."

#14     Jun 28, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

If Ben had raised rates, you could argue that. But the extension of Twist is not even close. Disinflation is not Deflation.

However, I do not doubt there was a conversation that went something along the lines of...

Obama: You know, Ben, I'm not the only one out of a job if Romney wins. He's spoken rather fondly of you.

Bernanke: Yes, I'm aware of that. We'll extend Twist, but do it sterilized. This way gas will fall, but you have to understand that stocks will too.

Obama: I think that's the better choice, considering the majority of the public doesn't own stocks, but everyone needs energy. Don't put out QE3.

#15     Jun 28, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

So at the end of the day the American public benefits. Thank you, Mr. Obama!

#16     Jun 28, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

From lower energy prices, of course it does. However, food prices won't follow lower, that damage has been done. Those who invested in stocks will be trapped at inflated highs, and unless gas prices drop to where they were when Obama took office, there is still an overall negative (in terms of the price of gas) that the Fed is responsible for (and Obama indirectly, as he re-appointed Ben).

#17     Jun 28, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

That's ok, they're lower right now, which is good for the American people.

#18     Jun 28, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Food prices are lower now? Really?

What grocery store do you shop at, when was it incorporated in Fantasy Land?

Edit: I had to retype my response as I saw you answered to FOOD, not ENERGY.

My apologies.

#19     Jun 28, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Hey, they're both higher than they were at the time of Washington's presidency. Somehow, we've adapted.

As for the price of gas, I don't know what I pay, I honestly don't look. The cost is trivial to me.

Edit: I take that back, I did notice it was $1.19 a liter recently.

#20     Jun 28, 2012