Did you ever share your profitable trading plan/method/system/edge?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SteveNYC, Jul 18, 2011.

Did you ever share your profitable trading method?

Poll closed Sep 16, 2011.
  1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    51.5%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    48.5%
  1. I am noticing meetups where people are supposed to convene and share trading ideas and strategies that are profitable. This got me thinking. Who goes to these meetups and do they really share their profitable strategies?

So, here is a question for you guys and gals.

Have you ever shared your profitable trading method and if yes, with whom?

If no, why didn't you share?

2. I am noticing meetups where people are supposed to convene and share trading ideas and strategies that are profitable.
    -------------------------------------

I went to one once. All you need is one turd in the punch bowl.

3. BSAM

BSAM

No.

If you don't understand why, then you haven't been doing this long enough.

I don't understand why a trader would go to a meetup unless it is an attempt to learn how to trade or just to socialize.

4. I understand the pros and cons of sharing anything. In this case, the cynic would think theft of intellectual property.

I was wondering if there is any benefit to sharing a profitable method. Off the top of my head, you might gain another profitable method of equal or greater value. Is there anything else? Has anyone shared and benefited? If yes, what benefits?

5. A bit deficient in eloquence but very insightful. Effective, too.

6. BSAM

BSAM

Steve---

Have you ever been to a trader meetup?

If you have a profitable strategy, would you share it?

7. Been to a trader meetup. Motley bunch. Most seemed clueless. Food was not good. This trader runs on food. lol.

As I get better and better, I feel less and less likely to share. BUT, of course, this limits my options.

8. Steve,

Let me ask you a question.

If you created a system that "if" the more people that traded it, the better it would work, would you share it?

9. BSAM

BSAM

Well, as they say on the "Family Feud"; good answer, good answer.

Except for the last sentence. What's that mean; "limits my options"?

10. etile

etile

Never been. Likely never will, unless for social reasons, will I go to a meet-up. My edge is common sense and prudence.

I tend to find that a good trader will have the former two in spades. I suspect most of these meetups would be like Elitetrader, except in real life. Who would want to go to that?

#10     Jul 18, 2011