did you catch swine flu yet?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexandre, Jun 11, 2009.

did you catch swine flu yet or know someone who did

Poll closed Jun 21, 2009.
  1. yes

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. no

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  1. hi guys, how many of you have already caught swine flu or know someone that got it?

2. pupu

pupu

According to the local news(fox) here in New York, close to 600,000 got it.

I guess They be immune if and wehn the next wave come in the fall.

3. WHO: Swine flu pandemic has begun, 1st in 41 years.

Another Green Shoot! More deaths will lower the monthly jobless claims!

4. My Brother in Law died Tuesday of Swine Flu. Early 40s, big, strong man. No health problems prior to this. None. No drugs, no booze during the week, a few beers on the wknds.
    It was horrible seeing him turn so purple when his heart stopped..."Code Blue" was called out (he was in a CCU at a local hospital)..they got a heart beat and a little blood pressure...they were trying to hook him up to dialysis...the creatine levels in his kidneys were causing "acidosis" in his lungs, shutting down O2 levels in his blood.
    Then another Code, then a 3rd. They asked his wife if it'd be ok if they stopped...said his brain had been w/out O2 for too long..she said yes, stop. ( he'd been intubated on a Ventilator but his lungs just couldn't do it anymore even with help)
    His family (he had no children) watched most of this. I must say, I was awe struck seeing those health care warriors do battle with death.
    They gave it everything they had. Male nurse straddling him on the bed doing CPR, jumping off when they tried a Defibrillator....Sodium Bi-Carb injections...
    Death won.

5. Last Thurs eve I went out for my usual coffee to go, brought it home, drank it and by the 9 pm I felt like I was getting the flu.

I really didn't do anything out of the ordinary and I don't recall being around anyone sick. Fri, wasn't too bad but Sat and Sun I felt like shit and told my wife I had the swine flu.

I have no clue if it was the swine flu or not but I seldom get sick and can't remember getting the flu in the summer.

Oh well, I ain't dead.

6. FYI:

Swine Flu Symptoms

According to the CDC, like seasonal flu, symptoms of swine flu infections can include:

* fever, which is usually high, but unlike seasonal flu, is sometimes absent
    * cough
    * runny nose or stuffy nose
    * sore throat
    * body aches
    * headache
    * chills
    * fatigue or tiredness, which can be extreme
    * diarrhea and vomiting, sometimes, but more commonly seen than with seasonal flu

Signs of a more serious swine flu infection might include pneumonia and respiratory failure.