Did they overdo it after hours?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Asparagus, Jan 15, 2008.

1. I know its the end of the USA and all that, but this thing looks oversold in light of this afterhours madness...

maybe i'm just cranky because i tried to go bottom fishing at the close ;) still, i bet we open at better levels than 1375 (SnP futs) tomorrow morning.

2. I agree.....the futures are holding steady and would be a good time to buy for the big pop up tommorow.

3. you guys are insane ... the VIX isn't even close to where it was at the previous bottom ..

the dow is going to 11800 .. weather 11800 to 12k is the bottom is something i don't know ... but there is a very high probability that we will test FEB 07 lows ..

4. just21

just21

Intel results were not bad, came in the range of guidance.

5. I see all these folks hitting bids after hours, it seems just plain desperate!

6. 4 cents short is not good.

7. the guidence was below analyst expectations and that is expectations that were already lowered. the market can care less about this quarter,it cares about the next quarter and beyond.

8. Yep, it's doing the discounting right now.

9. I heard over TTN that INTC always reports within estimates. If it doesnt beat estimates in a bull market or reach the upper end of estimates in a bear market, the market acts negatively.

I dont know how much truth there is to it, but it sounds reasonable.

8s

10. bloodbath tomorrow. Crashtime.

#10     Jan 15, 2008