Did they fire the support VP at IB?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by darp, Oct 6, 2011.

1. darp

darp

Have noticed an improvement, their support was so infriuating in past if HS knew how custmer felt they would put them on no fly list. On the wall they must have had banner that said "The Customer is Always Wrong even when They are Right"

It seems much better last month or so.

Any rumors on a change there
    ?

2. BSAM

BSAM

Are you sure you didn't just grow up and acquire some manners?
    I've had 90% good exchanges with IB for years.

3. darp

darp

Yes, am sure.

I have worked for and run software companies, even done support. The worst support have ever seen is IB and Tradestation.

The retail firms like Scotrade and Schwab have excellent and polite support.

Being you are a IB customer, how easy is it for you to read the acct number at the top of your page? The programers reduced the size and put a gray background a few months ago, which not only makes it hard to read but leads to errors.

Ask any support rep at IB how often they get told that? Like every day. They tell the programers and they get ignored so say they have given up. A 1 minute fix. That one is not supports problem, but is IBs. There is a company wide lack of desire to know about problems and fix them.

But Have seen an improvement.

BTW IB receives terrible ratings for support and has for years.

But glad you have had good luck

Personally I have hundreds of positions which IB can not handle and know so and have not fixed for years. So I have to run thru hoops not getting quotes on some symbols and making multiple tabs etc trying to work around.

IB programers are out of control, they keep creating new features that people do not use, then tell us gee nobody is using this new feature when serious bugs are left untouched for years.

Why?

It is more fun.

Cheers

4. Catoosa

Catoosa

I have been with IB 11 years and have always had great IB customer service/support and the best technical/software support I have had from any broker. Over the years when I have reported a significant bug in the software, the head of the software group has put the required people on the problem to get it fixed. The account number at the top of the TWS page being hard to read is not a very good example of something that needs a lot of priority in my thinking; However, I do agree the account number gray color is a poor choice on the blue background and makes the number nearly invisible. White or yellow lettering on the blue background would be a better choice.

5. moarla

moarla

had always quick response and problem resolved. it was ok for me for years also :)

6. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

The color of the account number was adjusted to make it stand out more; originally we did not want to make it so contrast so it does not add a "visual noise", but you are right - it makes it harder to read when you need it. This change will be published today. Thanks.

7. GTG

GTG

The few times I've needed IB customer support over chat and phone have always been great for me.