Did they change Esignal?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Sanjuro, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Thanks Jay for the update.

I would like to say that I've used many charting applications before Esignal and I still think Esignal is one of the best. This is the first time I had to call into support and the tech has able to reproduce and help me resolve it quickly.

#11     Oct 28, 2005
  2. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Peter et al., the next version of eSignal is tentatively due out near the end of December (ver. eSignal 8.0). Typically, we release a public beta prior to going gold, and we'll do so on our eSignal Beta Testing forum.

Thanks Sanjuro for posting your comments.

#12     Oct 28, 2005
  3. Jay from esignal,

I like the features in the new version and don't want to go back to the old version and December is a long time to wait for a major problem to be fixed.

Any way you guys can issue a patch for the current version spread engine problem?

Thanks

#13     Oct 28, 2005
  4. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

I'm checking to see if we can get a patch out to fix a few of those issues with the spread engine. I'll post back on that when I hear word.

Just a matter of correction, the actual EDL (eSignal Development List) number for this bug is 17978. The good news is that this bug has already been fixed in an internal-only alpha version of 8.0 that is currently being tested.

#14     Oct 28, 2005
  5. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

I tried downloading the latest version since it's been 3 months since this problem has been reported!

Did they fix this problem yet?

If I do a symbol ES #F and it updates each tick.

If I create a Spread with just ES #F, it doesn't update each tick.

This is just wrong...

#15     Feb 10, 2006
  6. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Does anybody trade spreads with eSignal here on ET?
    Don't you notice the delay in charts?

#16     Feb 10, 2006
  7. Sanjuro,

I feel for you friend. There are major esignal issues I became aware of over 3 YEARS ago, and as far as I know were never corrected. I wouldn't count on anything ever being done.

#17     Feb 10, 2006
  8. Do you have a charting software company that you would recommend?

I have been using esignal for years and really like the charting they offer. However, this delay issue is very disturbing.

#18     Feb 11, 2006
  9. there is an add on software that works with I.B data called neoticker- good charting and cheaper than eSignal and unlimited resizeable charts with a lot of technicals to add.
    It also includes a simulator that records the day and will replay at your convenience. the company is called TICKQUEST- service is called neoticker.
    :)

#19     Feb 11, 2006

10. Thanks for your reply. does the software allow you to bring up the charts as a pop up (separate to the main page) the way esignal does. I recently tried Ensign and the problem there was that the charts had to remain within their original page. That didn't work to good when using multiple monitors and software applications. If that isn't the case with neoticker, that would be great.

Thanks

#20     Feb 11, 2006