Did the PPT intervene in the markets today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin, Jul 8, 2008.

Did the PPT intervene in the markets today?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. No, today was normal market action. PPT did not intervene

37 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. No, there is no such thing as a PPT

21 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. I don't know

9 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. Sorry, Bernanke & Paulson are mere farts in a financial hurricane.....you could not sniff their presence if you tried. They are nothing more than pathetic little yes men in the Globalist (wealth transfer) Games 2008.

#31     Jul 8, 2008
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Kudos to you for your honesty. I respect that.

#32     Jul 8, 2008
  3. If you want to study a true "micro" PPT group pump event, then go back and take a look at the CL contract during the month of February 2007! :cool:

Middle East oil wealth entities made a "decision" in the $47's and that was one hell of a ride! :eek:

$47.80 LONG was very very good to me!

#33     Jul 8, 2008
  4. Kanzei

Kanzei

'non profit'. yeah right.

I guess you chose the blue pill. if morpheus gives you another chance, take the red one.

#34     Jul 8, 2008
  5. opt789

opt789

On this thread? I don't know, but I would be more curious as to how many there are of us on the entire site. Fewer and fewer it seems.

#35     Jul 8, 2008
  6. Please don't attack, just a thought

Let's say a major Investment Bank or two, working as a proxy for the working committee, slowly starts buying 200 million to 500 million in futures as the market is in a steady decline. Arbs take notice of the price disparity and immediately start shorting futures while buying the underlying stocks, causing a sudden trend reversal. This also causes shorts to cover and investors to stop selling. Indices rapidly erase their losses for the day. Then the IBs, ever so carefully, begin unwinding their long futures contracts for a minor loss or gain on behalf of their client.

What's wrong with the above? And if there is no PPT, this seems like an incredibly good idea for the government to deploy in the event of a market crash.

Again, just a thought.

#36     Jul 9, 2008
  7. Actually, I just thought of something. Anyone have a daily chart of YM and DJIA?

#37     Jul 9, 2008
  8. Did the PPT play?!?! I think they pumped up the market more than most people here can imagine. It looked like ESU8 could NOT go down.

#38     Jul 9, 2008
  9. trendo

trendo

1. How many guesses are we allowed?
    2. Is there a prize for guessing correctly?
    3. When will you tell us the answer? The suspense is killing me.

#40     Jul 9, 2008