Did the PPT intervene in the markets today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin, Jul 8, 2008.

Did the PPT intervene in the markets today?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. No, today was normal market action. PPT did not intervene

37 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. No, there is no such thing as a PPT

21 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. I don't know

9 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. only 5% ETers do not have a clue what is going on

#21     Jul 8, 2008
  2. trendo

trendo

Let's not forget Iran's President Ahmadinnerjacket's recent statements about not wanting war with Isreal and the United States. Oil sells off, stock market goes up.

#22     Jul 8, 2008
  3. Yes.

:cool:

#23     Jul 8, 2008
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

How many people on this thread other then Landis trade for a living? I think I know the answer...

#24     Jul 8, 2008
  5. how could Landis trade for living if he uses astrology? i mean Fibonacci stuff?

#25     Jul 8, 2008
  6. Uh, actually, yes -- I did.

Of course -- I got absolutely slaughtered in the last 10 days leading up to today -- but today -- yes. I made some $.

I got a little hand mirror, too, so I can properly assign blame for these events.

TNX for your options posts, Mav.

#26     Jul 8, 2008
  7. The PPT is ONLY used to pump markets when certain global wealth entities have aquired wealth/assets from weaker hands at pennies on the dollar.....this is no where near acccomplished yet (more bank/financial institution failures to come this year) so the PPT is not in a operational pump mode yet.

The last time the REAL PPT "started" a new pump and run was March of 2003 (lasted 4 years and they were done by fall of 2007).....might not be until 2009 or 2010 until we see the next PPT pump actions.

#27     Jul 8, 2008
  8. Define irony:

When one who deigns to join a discussion of
    ideas contrary to their own, lambastes others for faulty reasoning, then proceeds with an interjection of equally biased presumptions.

P.S. Contrary to your opinion, all the posters on the thread did not necessarily agree with the original poster. Nor do opinions correlate to occupational status.

#28     Jul 8, 2008

9. There were several signals today that state buy to cover and buy long us stocks.

If signals get confirmed, I will be covering most of my short positions by friday. Market indicating a short term bear market rally.

#29     Jul 8, 2008
  10. I do not trade for a living. It's part-time supplemental income.

#30     Jul 8, 2008