Did the PPT intervene in the markets today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin, Jul 8, 2008.

Did the PPT intervene in the markets today?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. No, today was normal market action. PPT did not intervene

37 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. No, there is no such thing as a PPT

21 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. I don't know

9 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. The markets are bi-polar at the moment, probably reflects the mentality of most of the participants.

There have been a few nights where futures have been way down and the market moves up. Usually because of a rate cut but last night was just weird. Way down for no reason and then up for no reason. More so than normal IMO.

PPT would explain it, but it just may be that not many traders have a strong commitment to any position and don't want to hold when the market moves against them even a little.

#11     Jul 8, 2008
  2. Extraordinarily tempted to move this to chit chat.

#12     Jul 8, 2008
  3. prolly not

in context of Paulson's nearly incoherent press conference. we need to see this for all it is. this has all the hallmarks of a K-Mart tent sale.

#13     Jul 8, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

It DOES look like they dragged out big Talking Heads today for a jawbone job... you know, as the market was testing supposedly critical support....

#14     Jul 8, 2008
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Did you make money today? Simple question and the only question.

#15     Jul 8, 2008
  6. Simple answer your an idiot. the fannie and freddie news was the mover that combined with an overextended downmove simply waiting for a quick up move and you had a perfect storm brewing. Tossers like you though would rather have some great mystic or connspiractial undercurrent.

A better question is did you trade today or just sat around asking stupid redundant questions?

#16     Jul 8, 2008
  7. I see your point, but outside of making money, I have othet interests which includes discussions on Economics and market activity, hence the creation of this thread.

To answer your question, I didn't even trade stocks today. Just Forex early morning for a few hours, and it is a up day.

#17     Jul 8, 2008
  8. i will agree with that...especially after dimon's 30 minute pep talk.

#18     Jul 8, 2008
  9. Last night, before I hit the sack, I recall reading posts about hang seng imploding, YM down 70, LEH going bankrupt and shutting down commercial operations...
    It was bad, bad, bad looking.

Wake up and it's green, green, green.

Can't say that was obvious.

#19     Jul 8, 2008
  10. its just hysterical whats going on. these clowns are so desperate to hide whats going on.

They are literally doing everything to keep this ponzi scheme going.

#20     Jul 8, 2008