Did the PPT intervene in the markets today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin, Jul 8, 2008.

Did the PPT intervene in the markets today?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. No, today was normal market action. PPT did not intervene

37 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. No, there is no such thing as a PPT

21 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. I don't know

9 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. Simple question.

2. cszulc

cszulc

Simple "Paulson Pump" today, but since he is apart of the Working Group on Financial Markets (a.k.a to us as PPT), yes the PPT did intervene.

3. Ben was speaking in the morning (unscheduled?) to let the world know that our IBs can have unlimited access to trillions upon trillions of long-term "loans" to promote the orderly functioning of financial markets.

Ben & Paulson are like Batman and Robin. When overnight futures start droping like a rock, it's their bat signal to summon the Plunge Protection Team.

[​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

I feel obligated to post the above picture in this thread.

5. that is the job of that market makers did to buy when nobody wants to buy and sell when nobody wants to sell to stablize price.. traders/market makers have limited capital and will not support price for shareholders.

The FED would be the biggest 'non-profit market maker' in the street.

6. I guess the people that voted "YES" also think that Dara Torres is on steroids.

So many conspiracy theories . . . its amazing that anyone on ET has time to pull the "trigger".

:D

7. No Bloomberg flashed that someone said Fannie & Freddie were well capitalized and the market took off.

Same thing happened when SEC Cox said Bear was well capitalized.

8. Two things I learned on ET:

Case 1. Market is extended to the downside from all medium term moving averages and snaps back a tiny little bit -> "IT WAS THE PPT, THE MARKET IS RIGGED"
    Case 2. Market is extended to the upside and sells off -> "THE SKY IS FALLING, THIS IS A NEW GREAT DEPRESSION"

Only these two extremes exist.

9. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

Correct. ET is BiPolar.

10. no...
    Jamie Dimon was coerced to do 2 stupid public appearances:

1. one on Charlie Rose and

2. the complete fuck up of a speech pimped by the FDIC today.

it was the most ridiculous thing ever. He looked like the manager at the local 7-11 trying to explain the beer inventory short.

what a disgrace.

#10     Jul 8, 2008