Did Steve Jobs See Heaven Before Dying?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by pspr, Oct 31, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

2. No he didn't see heaven, he was a Buddhist.

And if he had a sister who hate him was there, she would say his last words were "Oh it's hot, oh it's hot."

Odds are his last words were: "stole it from xerox."

3. jem

jem

My father passed in June. he had esophageal cancer so he was wasting away slowly.

My mom was talking to him but not facing him as she did not know that was the time... all of a sudden he said... amen... amen... amen and then passed.

which I find very interesting in light of the definition

4. Xerox gave it to me.

5. Sorry to hear about that.

6. pspr

pspr

Buddhist or not, Jobs wanted to believe there was an afterlife. Call it Heaven (with God) or something else. But that is what he wanted to believe.

"I remember sitting in his backyard in his garden one day and he started talking about God," recalled Isaacson. "He said, 'Sometimes I believe in God, sometimes I don't. I think it's 50-50 maybe. But ever since I've had cancer, I've been thinking about it more. And I find myself believing a bit more. I kind of – maybe it's cause I want to believe in an afterlife. That when you die, it doesn't just all disappear. The wisdom you've accumulated. Somehow it lives on.'"

Isaacson continued, "Then he paused for a second and he said, 'Yeah, but sometimes I think it's just like an on-off switch. Click and you're gone.' He paused again, and he said, 'And that's why I don't like putting on-off switches on Apple devices.'"

http://au.christiantoday.com/articl...struggle-with-religion-faith-in-god/12282.htm

7. An afterlife isn't necessarily defined by religious beliefs.

It seems more often than not that religion has very little to do with God, and very little to do with whether there is an afterlife.

Serious studies have been done on the Near Death Experience. The people who have them often share some interesting similarities in the retelling, like the feeling of leaving one's body, of seeing relatives and friends (oddly enough, all of whom have already passed away - they do not say they encounter anyone still living on the other side during their experience.) Some accurately relate events that they could not have seen from their deathbed after they are resuscitated.

Because of religious upbringing, people who experience NDE's tend to use descriptive metaphors that align with their belief-system.

Except for small children, who experience NDE's and are too young to be indoctrinated into the formalities of religion. Those children tend to describe similar experiences using their limited language skills.

One recurring theme is the "life-review" - but not as an observer like in a movie-theater, but as a direct participant on a hyper-aware level, able to feel everything that everyone else feels as a result of the actions taken in life - even the ripple effects out to people once or twice removed from direct contact (like, killing an enemy, but feeling not only what he felt, but the affects on his wife and children later).

This last part may be what is Final Justice, because if something like that occurs, I could only imagine that someone like a Hitler or a Stalin is just getting started...

8. pspr

pspr

That would certainly be the equivalent of Hell.

9. how can there be an after life when his ipod doesnt even have a user adjustable equalizer or a native flac player?

not possible.

he's going nowhere.

#10     Oct 31, 2011