Did someone blow out at Bright?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Prez, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prez

Prez

About an hour ago, I happened to browse Bright's website and noticed a "New" message that traders may not trade stocks $100 and over without express permission from the bosses. While typing this, I tried to access www.stocktrading.com to use the exact language of the trader alert and keep getting "connection has timed out" messages. What gives?

2. No, absolutely impossible. All Bright traders' employ the most sophisticated arbitrage strategies. They're as safe as the US Treasury.

3. are you suggesting bright has blown up due to a "rouge trader" type situation??

surf:eek:

4. Hmmmm.....

Per share pricing .005

Trade 1000 shares of a $100 dollar stock = $5 dollars in commission

or

Trade 10,000 shares of a $10 dollar stock = $50 dollars in commission

:eek:

Who wants to trade those boring high priced stocks like GOOG, RIMM, AAPL, GS, etc??? :D

5. site still down..... don, you didn't hire nick, did you???

surf:eek: :confused::D

6. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Yep, except for those Bright traders who shorted Google on their first earnings, blew out their accounts and Bob had to close out their positions the next morning on the huge gap up.

7. Ha ha ha. You must be the 13th man on the deal-team. Everyone knows that those shorts were hedges against long PIPES positions taken by Don's structured products group [DSPG] and Mav's desk at V-Trader [S.P.E.C.T.R.E.]. I think they cleared more than 20-billion dollars on that deal alone.

[​IMG]

8. Best.

Post.

in Weeks...

9. Indeed surf, here is one of those traders doing what thay do before a hard day's trading - applying some rouge as you put it...

[​IMG]

10. :D :D

apparently i have been in the city too long!

thanks mr. rogue.

:D

#10     Jul 30, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.