Did shortboy.com bite the dust?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Babak, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. none? hmm, call me stupid, but that sounds like a far greater LIE than anything Babak or Tony ever said!

and the smart money probably wasn't selling short during 96-99 -- they were too busy making an absolute mockery of shortboy's pitiful returns by going long!

and shortboy a money manager? bahahahahaha. obviously you have no choice but to pretend that i never exposed the complete fallacy of comparing a light weight trader like shortboy to investment funds handling multi millions!

as pitiful as a 4% return in 2002 -- once again, a golden year for short selling -- it's even worse because:
    1) as i already said, 42% of this return came from INTEREST
    and
    2) because it's ridiculous to call it a 4% return on EQUITY. see, shortboy had been trading for many years before 2002, and making profits that would take his total equity to a LOT HIGHER than $100,000.... so any REAL trader would measure the return he made in '02 on his TOTAL EQUITY. when you look at like that, 2002 was a COMPLETE WASH for shorty.

#51     Feb 3, 2003

2. LOL:D

#52     Feb 3, 2003
  3. daniel "..absolute mockery of shortboy's pitiful returns"

returns of +76% in 1996, +49% in 1997, +40% in 1998, +32% in 1999. audited returns according to the book by the wharton grads.

I certainly wouldnt call those "pitiful", the term applies better to a loser like yourself. come on, spew some more profanity, daniel. you one jealous SOB

and watch how I never acknowedge you AGAIN!

#53     Feb 3, 2003

4. exactly vinny! PITIFUL returns! thanks for illustrating it! not to brag or anything, but for '02, my own results compared to shorty's are so far superior it's not funny (i'm talking WAY over 100%...)

and "audited returns" means he actually MADE those trades... so... tell us vinny, did he???

but lemme guess... i should looking at the TRADES right vinny? the TRADES! :D

#54     Feb 3, 2003
  5. Babak

Babak

Yeah, I heard Steve Cohen begged him to come onboard SAC and sit in a corner to earn interest.

[​IMG]

#55     Feb 3, 2003
  6. Babak

Babak

what are you smoking? no really, what is it? cilantro? bay leaves? maybe some nice rolled up basil?

how could you be "ronbgelf" and "leonj" if I had supposedly deleted those accounts? how does one use a deleted account? how did I 'get the controls'? you do know that only Baron can erase accounts?

Man-o Man! stick to weed boy! those garden herbs will play havoc with your brains.

#56     Feb 4, 2003
  7. for many moons, we here from reliable sources like babak and the incomparable tony oz that shortboy was "misrepresenting" or "misleading".

After alot of tooth pulling , and back and forth, babak finally says, "look on shortboy's website, he even says what he did"

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=13384&perpage=6&pagenumber=7

HE EVEN SAYS WHAT HE DID ????

So if shortboy is describing his calculations, isn't he "representing" what he's doing ?? If he tells you what he's doing, he's being forthcoming and honest, right? Of course he is. Shortboy was always upfront about what he did, and no one can tell you different. Even babak refers you to the part where shortboy "tells you what he's doing"

go spin this one, whomever.

#57     Feb 4, 2003
  8. hey babak- can we delete this vinny gigante (aka shortboy) jackass as well??- this crap is getting old......

#58     Feb 5, 2003
  9. ryan bitchel, who has posted 20 times, about 8 of them in the "shortboy" thread, who just in the last week became a member. hmmm??

And he has directed most of his expertise to shortboy threads!

remember his famous words of advice "invest your time in learning to trade, not in cutting and pasting..." or whatever (qote on link below), gave a few ET members a good laugh

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=13384&perpage=6&pagenumber=2

ryan, read the upper right corner of the screen to see who the moderator is. Or am I asking too much from you?

#59     Feb 5, 2003
  10. bad news Vinny, Ryan = Mr Market.

He cannot be harmed by conventional weapons.

#60     Feb 5, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.