Did shortboy.com bite the dust?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Babak, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. did he?

in 2002, a year which saw a mammoth sell off, vinnyboy.com managed to make a whopping $3965...

but wait...

any professional trader.. that is, anyone who takes their trading seriously... would have to factor the costs of trading into the profit equation also.

so let's take a look at those:

ISP: $30/month -- $360/year
    Datafeed/Charting: $150/month -- $1800/year
    Shortboy's Service: $20/month ?? (a ripoff even at that) - $240/year

total: $2400

taking our net profit down to: $1565

but wait!

of that $3965, $1695 came from interest!

so from actual trading, which is what you're paying shortboy for, you would've actually turned in a loss!

#41     Feb 3, 2003

2. Could it be that MrMarket and Permabull are the same?

#42     Feb 3, 2003
  3. OK, so everyone pretty much figured out a long time ago that Vinny was shortboy - but, are the recently created IDs of ronbgelf and leonj looking an awful lot like Vinny/shortboy alter egos too??

So does that mean that not only did shortboy come back like a LSD flashback, but he's gone Sybil too?? :)

BTW - looks like there needs to be a new option on the poll:

"Hoping he's gone, but call Buffy just in case"

#43     Feb 3, 2003
  4. Notice how angry, frustrated they "he" got after somebody had a question.

They"he" would be a lot more convincing if they "he" weren't so emotional.

Stock

#44     Feb 3, 2003
  5. and why does he not survive in feb.2003?

#45     Feb 3, 2003
  6. not at all. I'm disappointed that someone like babak, whose supposed to be a "moderator", engages in lies and deception.

For example, he told sammiebea that he never deleted/erased another person/thread. This is a lie. He deleted ronbgelf. He also has deleted many threads in "his" section, as we all know.

He's got the power, wow!

I'm more than happy to defend shortboy.com, and as you all see, once I pinpointed the BS of babak and tony oz, there was no response.

yes daniel, no profanity today? shortboy was only up +4% in 2002. Cant break the bank every year. Trading costs? how much do you think it costs to run that website? It was a cyberspace trading account we're talking about, I reckon.

The trading expenses would be better apportioned to a REAL account.

#46     Feb 3, 2003
  7. my guess is he parlayed the great recognition he received, and moved on to be a money manager.

the great recognition i'm referring to is the 2 articles in the Wall St. Journal, an article in Forbes, and a book by 2 Wharton grads (no, not ernie parmigian). He also has an unbelievable track record from 1996 of 7 straight profitable years, and that's from short selling.

How many other short sellers profited from 1996-1999? None.
    That's why shortboy is going to be a great money manager!

He's got my $1000.

vinny

#47     Feb 3, 2003
  8. of course I was also ronbgelf and leonj. That's after babak got the controls and deleted those accounts, forcing me to do so.

Once Baron came back, vinny was reinstated. I dont need aliases, as you can see. I'm happy as vinny.

#48     Feb 3, 2003
  9. How did you come up with the names ronbgelf and leonj?

#49     Feb 3, 2003
  10. I pledged not to distract, but you are a moderator, so I will answer.

Leon Johnson, on the Jets in 1997-1999, currently on Chicago. Drafted by Parcells in the 4th round. Parcells wanted Deuce staley, but he went a few picks ahead,s o they took Leon. He was great, til he blew his knee (twice)

ronbgelf, nothing specific, just a name to get through babaks power hungry little fingers.

#50     Feb 3, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.