Did shortboy.com bite the dust?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Babak, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey I'm just curious about how shortboy earned 24% interest in a year when you have margin calls.

I want be over 100% invested and earn interest too -way over the normal money market rate.

Which brokerage firm does this?

SIGN ME UP NOW. screw this penny a share crap.

I'll take out a 2nd on my house and earn the spread.

#31     Feb 2, 2003
  2. leonj

leonj

stop with the "because tony oz says so, it must be true"

Here are 2001 performance including interest:

http://www.shortboy.com/exec12.htm

WHER CAN YOU FIND INTEREST TAKEN AT OVER THE FED FUNDS RATE?

look for yourself, add up the interest in 2001, and tell me it was more than the fed funds rate. Cant you form a thought on your own? Geez..

#32     Feb 2, 2003
  3. leonj

leonj

tony says "I I don't want to beat a dead horse, but there is a website claiming a hefty returns for 2001, but in reality, they actually lost on a percentage basis for 2001. "

Even a monkey, or mrmarket, can read the simple arithmetic here:

http://www.shortboy.com/exec12.htm

does it look like he lost?

Furthermore, what's this tony's saying about "a subscriber said on 9/7/01.." stuff?

Is this like "tony oz said so , so its true." What subscriber? and how does tony know ithe subscriber is real? could be mrmarket in disguise.

Thats more than enough proof.

#33     Feb 3, 2003
  4. leonj

leonj

tony says "On Friday, September 7th 2001. A subscriber to the service confirms that xxxx is going to reduce his account size.."

this is the entire basis of his argument????

which susbcriber??? and how would tony know any subscribers?? given that he acknowedges just looking over the site for the 1st time, and then coming to his ridiculous conclusions.

#34     Feb 3, 2003
  5. Babak

Babak

Vinny, shortboy.com (aka Bill) told a susriber in a private email that he was indeed going to heed his advice and reduce his model portfolio. He then told everyone about that email conversation and his decision.

It's all on his site.

#35     Feb 3, 2003
  6. show us/everyone that private message. Can't ?? Of course you can't!! because you are a LIAR! There was no message. You are a liar!

Conversely, I'll be happy to produce the instant message you just sent to me, that I put in the announcements.

babak, stop lying and I'll stop pointing out your lies. Geez, this is a "moderator"???

#36     Feb 3, 2003
  7. Babak

Babak

Vinny, Vinny, Vinny.... when will you learn to give up ?

For anyone interested here is shortboy's own words:

"On another note, Shortboy definitely does not need a $500,000 account to accomodate his trading strategy on Shortboy.com. A $100,000 account would have sufficed this year. You are allowed to short 2 times the amount you have in your account, so having a $100,000 account means Shortboy can short up to $200,000 worth of stock. In 2002, Shortboy will adjust his account down to $100,000, because that's all he needs to trade this way. Imagine if Shortboy had a $100,000 account this year?! The returns would be higher, right?"

You can see the above message by going to www.shortboy.com then clicking on "Back day's text" then choosing Sept 2001

Then from the calendar click on Sept 7th 2001

Voila!!

(btw Tony gives the specific date but Vinny is not too bright so we'll forgive him)

#37     Feb 3, 2003
  8. you proved my point again. When was this changeover? On 9/7/01 as tony oz says, NO!!

The account did not change on 9/7/01 as tony oz says, so how many lies do I have to catch you / and tony in???

#38     Feb 3, 2003
  9. so shortboy wrote in his back days text exactly what his intentions were? Wow, it looks to me like he was very honest and forthcoming about what he was doing.

So what was the claim against him? exactly where did he huckster anyone?

is huckster defined as consistently making money for people? B/c that's what shortboy seemed to do, consistently make money every year from 1999.

Are you disputing any trades, or just the amount of money in the cyber account?

geez.

#39     Feb 3, 2003
  10. vinny gigante = shortboy????????????
    seems like it......

#40     Feb 3, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.