Did shortboy.com bite the dust?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Babak, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. man i'd sign up for shortboy.com if it would help keep vinny off this site...

#11     Jan 31, 2003
  2. ronbgelf

ronbgelf

Haven't seen a post today. Wouldn't he respond to this thread? I suppose Babak had inside information saying "bites the dust".

My guess is vinny has bought the dust on this board!

#12     Jan 31, 2003
  3. You mean Vinny and shortboy aren't the same guy?? :)

#13     Jan 31, 2003
  4. well, no that isn't- but modifying the original gif to make it a dancing shortboy is just plain goofy.

#14     Feb 1, 2003
  5. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

HAHAHHAHAHAHHA ANOTHE MF'ER BITES THE DUST!! HAHAHAHA

I LOVE IT..

THAT'S WHAT BEAR MARKETS DOOOOO..

THATS WHY WE NEEED BEAR MARKETS...

GET RID OF THE DEAD WOOOOD!!

HANGERS ON...

MARGINAL MF'ERS...

WITH NO $$$$..

MAKE ROOOM FOR NEW SPROUTS!!

WITH NEW $$$$$$$..

HEH HEHE

I LOVE LIFE CYCLES.

LIKE A CLEAN BURN...

REMINDS MEEE..

WHEN I WAS ..

A...

FIRE FIGHTER:D

#15     Feb 1, 2003
  6. Oh, you have not had the pleasure of exploring the wonder that is shortboy.com.

The dancing shortboy is found on the website, in one of the sections. A boxing shortboy too.

Better check quick though, before the site goes blank due to nonpayment of url fees... :D

#16     Feb 1, 2003
  7. ronbgelf

ronbgelf

This is a moderator starting this thread! The poll choices appear to be quite biased.

I would have voted for "C", "he moved on to manage money". That's my guess. Let me point out that there is a page of links on the site:

http://www.shortboy.com/link_frm.htm

which can link you to a book written by 2 wharton grads (real and verified), and there's a link to Forbes "best of the web", where shortboy is again featured. I have followed the site, quite profitably I may add, and there were also positive mentions in the Wall St. Journal. He also made money each year doing something very difficult. He picked out stocks the night before, and was forced to stick to specific buy and sell points, without the ability to modify them during the trading day.

It befuddles me to ask why there are those on the board who wish to bash those accomplishments. To me, those accomplishments speak for themselves. Any of you start a website that appeared in the Journal, or Forbes or a book??? It ain't easy. He deserves alot of CREDIT!

#17     Feb 1, 2003
  8. ronbgelf

ronbgelf

over a 3 1/2 years period, Shortboy made about +80% cumulative, while the S&P lost -32% over the same period. Those are great results. Huge.

Furthermore, of the 1,000 or so to read this thread, only about 20 voted in the poll, showing that a vast majority didb't care for the biased, mocking choices from a partial ET "moderator"

#18     Feb 1, 2003
  9. I have no ideas who shortboy is or was. The only reason I am reading this thread is the thread title caught my attention. Is his website still up? I just might wander over and have a look.

#19     Feb 1, 2003
  10. Had a quick look. Less than 80% in 3 1/2 years. I think I will stay with spot FX.

#20     Feb 1, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.