Did Robert Hoffman really lose 312K in a single TF trade? Yikes!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jreality, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Jreality

Jreality

When I was in his room (a couple of years ago) his winners were relatively small and his losses (although much less frequent than his winners) would often wipe out several weeks worth of gains.

#31     Jul 20, 2011
  2. It was under 20k. 18 I think. After that hit he refunded the account quite a bit (you can tell by the quick buttons on the infinity platform), and if you saw my earlier post then you know about him being down 100k with an oil trade, so he certainly put more money in there.

#32     Jul 20, 2011
  3. well, and made some too obviously.

#33     Jul 20, 2011
  4. emg

emg

Rob is not a trader but a salesman. Successful traders do not sell their systems or teach.

why would a successful traders want to deal with small traders (LOSERS)

Who want to deal with losers? Only salesmen/saleswomen deal with losers. In fact, the LOSERS think they found a holy grail system by believing:

How would you like to make $5000 per day with a starting capital $2000?

Only a salesmen/saleswomen believe losers will fall for the statement above. That is their job is to duped the losers (SMALL TRADERS)

#34     Jul 20, 2011
  5. EPrado

EPrado

In his video on handling losses where he doesn't talk anything about handling losses he calls this latest draw down "impressive" compared to his past DD.

He needs to find a new word. A draw down 15 times worse than your last one is insane.

#35     Jul 20, 2011
  6. Jreality

Jreality

Literally blowing out your account is not just a mere "drawdown". It is a TRADING DISASTER, and likely the only thing keeping him in the game is his subscription fees.

#36     Jul 20, 2011
  7. Daal

Daal

It seems to me the his position sizing strategy was created in a way to maximize his subscriptions. He averages down to make sure he has plenty of positive days to keep the lemmings lured, of course the downside is that one day your losses reach a level that your broker wont let you keep trading anyway, which seem to have happened here

#37     Jul 20, 2011
  8. Jreality

Jreality

I agree that his position sizing strategy seems to be for the purpose of enticing more subscribers with a high win/loss ratio. The problem is that the losers will wipe out the winners.

When I originally first watched his videos on YouTube, I had assumed that he used conservative sizes. (maybe, say 5 contracts or less) When I was in his room a couple years back, I was very surprised to discover that he trades with huge sizes trying to scalp a few ticks, and added to losing positions. I felt mislead, especially when the winners were smaller than the losers.

#38     Jul 20, 2011
  9. zdreg

zdreg

what does abbreviation TF stand for?
    Did Robert Hoffman really lose 312K in a single TF trade? Yikes!

#39     Jul 20, 2011
  10. Russell 2000 Fut, as i learned in another Hoffman blow up thread.

#40     Jul 20, 2011