Did Robert Hoffman really lose 312K in a single TF trade? Yikes!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jreality, Jul 19, 2011.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

Wait, this makes no sense. If he had a bunch of $300K+ days and then a single -$300K day, he'd be on an incredible roll and no one would even sweat the one losing day?

I don't know anything about the guy, but all this talk of a $312K loss is absolutely meaningless if we don't know his account size, average daily/monthly/yearly gain/loss, etc. A $312K loss could devastate some traders and barely affect others.

Having said all that, I suspect a $312K trade is devastating to a "chat room trader." I doubt many/any of them trade multi-million dollar accounts. But without knowing more, $312K is still an arbitrary figure.

#21     Jul 20, 2011
  2. Traders are human and can go on tilt. Not to mention it takes big risks to make big gains regardless of what anyone claims. If this is a legit loss, I feel for the guy and hope he makes it back soon.

However, after the fr@nz $hoar simulator debacle, I distrust any vendor who claims to throw around this kind of size.

What evidence exists that this wasn't purely simulated trading, other than the claims?

Surf

#22     Jul 20, 2011
  3. I can assure anyone in here that Rob did not ever trade on a sim in my time with him. Although I wasn't there to see it I'm very certain this loss was legit.

#23     Jul 20, 2011

4. Is there any evidence? These types of support posts appeared during the Fra@z sh@ar simulator bust also.

Thanks

#24     Jul 20, 2011
  5. Jreality

Jreality

My understanding is that his broker is Infinity, and the simulator is a different color (blue) than a live account (white). Rob always talks about how he not a "simulator jockey" and how he trades with real money.

#25     Jul 20, 2011
  6. This guy is a joke, there are no shortcuts in this business. It takes a decade of screen time to truly become a semi pro. Trust in yourself is the only way. Slow and steady wins the race.

#26     Jul 20, 2011
  7. Correct trust in yourself is the only way. It takes a decade IMO of non stop screen time with one instrument to make it. You become one with the market, turn off the news.

#27     Jul 20, 2011
  8. Look friend I don't know what kind of evidence you want. If it was real or fake what does it matter to you anyway?
    Again:

A) I did not see the trade.
    B) When I was a member of Rob's room I know for a fact he did not use a simulator pure and simple.

I don't know where the 312k number came from. I heard about it in this here thread. it could have been 200k, 500k, or more. But trust me if Rob Hoffman took a hit he took a big hit guaranteed. The last time he lost money he was liquidated by infinity right before my very eyes.

Take my word for what it's worth. If it's not worth squat to you that's fine with me. I don't need to try and produce a smoking gun in here any better than that. When I first heard he lost (JC's free trading video) I knew he lost big because I know how he trades.

#28     Jul 20, 2011
  9. Jreality

Jreality

I got the 312K number from a different discussion.

Anyway, I'm curious...how much did he lose during the previous time that he lost?

#29     Jul 20, 2011
  10. EPrado

EPrado

What makes no sense? Successful traders have bigger up days than down days. If your up days are the same as your down days, then you have to have a very high win% to make it work.

The great traders I have been around over the years are the guys with 48-55% winners, but their winnings days are 3-5 times the size of their losing days.

#30     Jul 20, 2011