Did Niederhoffer Lie To Baron?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Sep 26, 2007.

1. nravo

nravo

Anyone know the reporter working on the story? I know quite a few people there and I'm not getting any tip that someone is working on this. That may not mean anything, but I would imagine the reporter would probably also like to know about the threads killed on ET and the comments on here, if someone wants to drop the reporter an e-mail.

#31     Sep 27, 2007
  2. 1%? You sure you didnt mean .01%?

#32     Sep 27, 2007
  3. And yet, here you are. Welcome, and make yourself at home.
    :)

#33     Sep 27, 2007
  4. That's special logic. Do you have to trade to tell the truth in this case?
    What's the link between trading and telling the truth?

#34     Sep 27, 2007
  5. zdreg

zdreg

if neiderhoffer story turns out to be true will the previous deleted thread with 20+ pages on the subject be restored.

#35     Sep 27, 2007
  6. I'm guessing that the previous thread will not be restored.

I find it interesting that rumors can be mentioned in newspapers if they are identified as such, whereas rumors, also identified as such here at ET, are summarily quelled if they regard a "brand name." And yet, ET is an open forum. Supposedly.

Indeed, it will be interesting to see how this thing plays out.

#36     Sep 27, 2007
  7. Babak

Babak

Thunderdog,
    too much legal liability. I don't think Baron wants the hassle or the costs.

On my tiny blog I've already gotten pushed around by prop firms that felt negative comments left by visitors were "libel". And been threatened with a visit from their lawyers.

#37     Sep 27, 2007
  8. Wouldn't it be libel if it were presented as fact? Pabst presented the possibility as nothing more than a rumor at this point. He did not misrepresent the possibility as a statement of fact. What, exactly, is the law here?

#38     Sep 27, 2007
  9. zdreg

zdreg

all of these kind of threatned visits by lawyers are nothing but threats. if you ignore them or threaten to go to regulatory authorities they quickly disappear.

#39     Sep 27, 2007
  10. Instead of threatening people with lawyers it is much easier to prove that the rumor is false.
    Except if the rumor would be true of course.
    If things go well, what is stopping Matador to post results?

#40     Sep 27, 2007