Did my first 100 lot today

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Cutten, Feb 12, 2004.

1. who's your mate?

#51     Feb 25, 2004
  2. Johno

Johno

Could not agree more!

Regards

Johno

#52     Jul 1, 2009
  3. Johno

Johno

Very different to the majority of comments we see these days on ET

Regards

johno

#53     Jul 1, 2009
  4. Sushi

Sushi

Good Gawd! Talk about the et delusions. Amt4swa is a mechanic at south west airlines. Now he is guru trader on elite? What a bizzare group

#54     Jul 1, 2009
  5. Johno

Johno

Talk about mystery and suspense, at ET the excitement goes on and on!

Regards

Johno

#55     Jul 1, 2009
  6. Who has the time to find a thread buried on ET that is over 5 yrs old?

Wow.

:confused:

#56     Jul 8, 2009
  7. Johno

Johno

I was following up on something interesting, you would be surprised at what little jems are buried in the most unexpected places!

Regards

Johno

#57     Jul 9, 2009
  8. Cutten, thanks for the post. Many folks here won't appreciate the thought process as you go thru the trade after upping your size, but those that actually trade for a living know exactly what you're speaking of/ feeling.

As for the meatball sjp, just please go away. You're a fucking wannabe nobody that tries to draw attention to yourself because of your own failings...what a tool.

#58     Jul 15, 2009
  9. Thread is 5 years old.

The question should now be, have you done a "500" lot and how did it feel :]

#59     Jul 15, 2009
  10. Actually, ignore the risk management side for a moment.

Going to the OP - I am sure we all have these moments of being afraid. It may be revealing, after having some significant profits that allow one to swallow the loss outside of normal trading, to just go "large size" one or a couple of times in order to break through the fear barrier. Sometimes this is better done with a significant push than slow nagging.

If lost, lost - one still may have gotten a valuable relief out of it (hey, the market is not breaking - whow). And if it goes against, this is training fee.

Then, one can scale up "properly" according to risk management.

I personally can see how some people - even experienced traders - may just have this "i am afraid" level that needs to be resolved. And one way to do that is by really forcing through it.

#60     Jul 16, 2009