Did JJC *Jim James Cramer* have a falling out with some of CNBC staff?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mahram, Dec 2, 2005.

1. i read that he has the highest rated show on cnbc.

#11     Dec 2, 2005
  2. Cramer reminds me of the lead character, Howard Beale in the great movie, NETWORK that won if I remember 5 Academy Awards.

DS

#12     Dec 2, 2005
  3. nlslax

nlslax

It was interesting watching him on the Today Show this morning with Katie. It was going OK for Katie until Cramer mentioned George W. and how he had done a poor job. Katie then came back and asked Cramer a leading question inferring that GWB was doing a good job (like she would know), and Cramer went right back at her and said the job GWB has been doing was bad.

I loved it. Not because it was a political statement, but because it was great seeing someone on TV who wasn't afraid to say what was on his mind and wasn't worried about being politically correct.

Cramer's stock went up with me this morning.

#13     Dec 2, 2005
  4. Cramer, many things, to many people.

But I ask, since everyone here is such a critic, would you mind sharing some of your own brilliance in public?

I mean, if Cramer is a clown and Faber is a tool, well, then ya'll must be something better.

And I could use a good tip now and then.

#14     Dec 2, 2005
  5. Cramer acts like a clown but he's a lot better than any of us ~ well for one thing, he's worth between $50 million to $100 million.

He's only a clown on TV.

#15     Dec 2, 2005
  6. I thought his wife was the one that made the bulk of their combine wealth.

#17     Dec 3, 2005
  7. when they started she did at Goldman but then he went on with the Hedge fund and his wife got out of the business.

But he admitted that his wife is a way better trader than he is. She did help him out on a lot of trades so I guess I'm not sure who's who. At any rate, he used to make 7 figures at Goldman I think.

#18     Dec 3, 2005
  8. I was an Actions Alerts Plus subscriber, and received his morning emails, it was ok when the market was going up, he always liekd JDSU and NT. He also mentioned SHLD(Kmart/Sears) at $16, because he was friends with Eddie Lampert and knew he would move the stock.
    Anyway, Cramer is good if you steal a few ideas, but as he says on the show, don't take his advice without doing your own homework on the stock.
    Anyway, ratings must be incredible on the show, no wonder Faber and Joe Kearnen are jealous. Those guys never proved themselves in a hedge fund, Cramer did. Read his book "Confessions of a Street Addict", he made enough money and decided to retire young.
    Why not? Don't we all wish we could?

#19     Dec 3, 2005
  9. pdonlevy

pdonlevy

I get the impression that the 'serious' journalists (Faber, Kernan, Bartiromo etc) at CNBC are annoyed by Cramer's over the top behavior.
    Generally, I detect far more dislike for Kudlow than for Cramer from the CNBC talking heads.

#20     Dec 4, 2005