Did Jesse Livermore use Interactive Brokers?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jackstone54, May 4, 2008.

1. I wonder if Jesse did use IB. The ticker always seems to be lagging for me. Do they still use a telegraph man for the orders at IB?

#21     Aug 5, 2008
  2. It's your perception thats lagged.

#22     Aug 6, 2008
  3. Not so stupid, since it was a stupid OP in the first case...

IB is a superb broker. Half the people here use IB

#23     Aug 6, 2008
  4. My perception of IB is that there are still some opportunities. I too like the flashy screens and professional appearance, but its certainly not a full-service type of operation if you know what I mean...

#24     Aug 6, 2008
  5. perhaps but, IB offers:

the ability to trade many different instruments in many different countries from a single account

better security than mom & pop brokers. I think the security token is an excellent idea

the size in case something bad happens. although some complain, I LIKE that IB sometimes stops daytrading margins. I worry about brokers that offer $300 emini margin - what happens if a worldwide disaster hits and your broker goes under? No trading for 6 months a la Refco, where they freeze your account while govt authorities pick through the details

etc.

#25     Aug 6, 2008
  6. TD AMERITRADE provides you with a guarantee. When someone wires out all that money from your account, then they will reimburse you for it.

Does IB offer the same guarantee?

#26     Aug 8, 2008
  7. That is a "guarantee" - below But the onus is probably up to the user to prove he did not do the wire, and I suspect it may be a difficult thing to prove.

And Ameritrade does not do Futures or Forex, so...

"Asset Protection Guarantee
    If you lose cash or securities from your account due to unauthorized activity, we'll reimburse you for the cash or shares of securities you lost. We're promising you this protection, which adds to the provisions that already govern your account, in case unauthorized activity ever occurs and we determine it was through no fault of your own.

We can guarantee this if you work with us in three ways:

Keep your account information secure and confidential--don't share it, because sharing your UserID, password, PIN, or account number with other people means you authorize them to take action in your account.

Frequently check your account and report any suspicious or unauthorized activity to us immediately.

Take the steps we request if your account is ever compromised and cooperate with our investigation. If you help us protect you in these basic ways, we'll promise no fine print and no footnotes... just our commitment to protect the assets you entrust to us. "

#27     Aug 8, 2008
  8. At least a written guarantee is better then none;)

#28     Aug 13, 2008