Did Jesse Livermore use Interactive Brokers?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jackstone54, May 4, 2008.

1. I'll go slow:

It's a dig at IB.
    [/QUOTE]Yep, but only from the OP's POV. He doesn't miss a chance to slam IB, but I consider IB a great broker.

So, to reiterate my quip (for the other poster, not you), "Livermore did NOT use IB so he commited suicide, " and I hope the OP does NOT use IB, either (for the same reason).

:D

#11     May 6, 2008
  2. When does clinical depression not dominate a person's life?

Apparently when you are making tens of millions.

#12     May 7, 2008
  3. olias

olias

If only that were true. Too much money will alienate you from people; even friends and family. Which could easily exacerbate the depression.

I know you were joking, but had to say something. You've got to find a way to be happy with where you're at in life. Money or not.

#13     May 7, 2008
  4. No you don't. You get your drive from being unhappy with where you are in life. I feel sorry for anyone flipping burgers being happy where they are in their life.

#14     May 7, 2008
  5. Its all relative...here are a few examples...

Example 1
    An illegal immigrant finds a job at a local restaurant "flipping burgers". He finds joy in it because its more money then he was making in Mexico and he can feed his family with the wages. Its also better then being a farmworker in the fields.

Example 2
    A poor homeless man finds a job at a local restaurant "flipping burgers". He finds joy in it because he can finally support himself and not live in the destitute in the shelter anymore.

#15     May 11, 2008
  6. Sorry folks, I just had to know so looked it up:

$73,892,373.49 in the year 2007 has the same "purchase power" as $5,000,000 in the year 1940.

Gulp.

#16     May 11, 2008
  7. l2tradr

l2tradr

Not exactly broke ;)

#17     May 11, 2008
  8. Sure but for how long? When you're happy and satisfied you just lost your drive.

#18     May 11, 2008
  9. Clinical depression is not only for rich, but poor also suffer. Approach to life, attitude tells your mental state & not money. Health issues like hormones of body also influence mental state & depression.

#19     Jun 25, 2008

10. I do not think so; “Satisfaction does not mean lack of drive”. One can progress & be happy also. Many people are happy, yet they keep progressing. If tense, you can not think or act well. You need to be happy & enjoy what you are doing, or else fail and not push too hard.

#20     Jun 25, 2008