Did IB just freeze

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by western, Oct 6, 2008.

1. western

western

My data froze for a couple minutes at 11:50am est. Anybody else? Today would not be a good day for data issues.

2. sho-tim

sho-tim

twice so far that i've noticed

3. xroads

xroads

yup !

4. nassau

nassau

yes we are frozen here also and have been for several minutes.

several of the computers have come back on for a few seconds then disconnected again.

we are still presently down but some of the remote traders are up so I am guessing it is the server again.

same ol, market must be getting ready to drop or pop.

w

5. Surdo

Surdo

EVERY platform has issues today!

Some more than others, TradeStation is about as accurate as a LEAPFROG today, Ninja is holding up, and CQQ got sticky once.

6. ITR2744

ITR2744

yes had the same problem...

7. yep, a few minutes ago. I learned awhile back to have a backup broker and I have not regretted that decision ever since. You should expect outages but it is really not good on a day like today. IB has been much less reliable this year than I can ever remember that's for sure. :mad:

edit: back now at 12:06pm

8. newbunch

newbunch

IB's system status page says no problems. So why do I have problems?

“Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?” Groucho Marx

9. moarla

moarla

IB data from eurex via IB europe didnt stop, only CME from IB USA servers. I am watching constantly the internet connection and i had at that time packet losses and a ping of over 300.... maby some internet problem involved also? dont know...

10. Yep, if you pull up a TWS chart of ES, you'll be missing the last hour of data....

#10     Oct 6, 2008