did IB decide to screw more ?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by arbitech, May 22, 2017.

1. arbitech

arbitech

in order to inform the traders communoty:

i just realized this morning that the conventional ip where tws connect gdc1.ibllc.com
    as suddenly moved from Greenwich, Connecticut to somewhere in KANSAS...given an ip location test.

i know, nobody can compete with the internal market making unit of IB (Timber Hill/GS, who leak or orders by the way), but at least before, it was honest from IB to send orders to where they do their own trading, i mean in next to NYC, in Connecticut, where is located there market making team...

now, it seems, that, at IB, they fill moore confortable to add milliseconds to delay our orders compared to their market making team. may be they dont feel strong enough to compete with their own customers ?

at least, they could by honesty, sent us an email.

thx, god, i have others brokers.

PS: i like ib, but sometimes, they abuses of their dominant position.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2017
    Fehu likes this.
  2. Millionaire

Millionaire

IB are selling their 'market making team'.

gkishot and tommcginnis like this.
  3. Why do grown adults who may have the ability to trade think the world is against them? You make an unsubstantiated claim and one refuted by the firm many times before well before they announced the sale of the market making business. Perhaps their network had issues and you were seamlessly routed to the backup. Perhaps you were just moved for load balancing. Perhaps that line was faster - who knows. I do know if you contact their technical support desk they would be very accommodating if you are doing any business.

Ryan81 and tommcginnis like this.
  4. JackRab

JackRab

Great rant about nothing! :thumbsup: Do you also think the Illuminati are against you OP?

tommcginnis likes this.
  5. sle

sle

A variation on the Hanlon Razor would adequately explain your problem. It's unlikely that IB goes out of its way to increase latency for any group of traders in particular, but it's very probable that they don't care about latency they provide for their clients (because, anyone latency sensitive should never be with IB in the first place).

JackRab likes this.
  6. zdreg

zdreg

while on the subject of razors tell us not forget Occam's Razor.