Did I expect George Bush to f - - - it up as badly as he did?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Dec 6, 2003.

1. BWHAAAAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

cathy, don't take this the wrong way - i enjoy your posts, BUT you're way way WAY off on this one. your post is little more than a typical republican whisper campaign which is not based AT ALL on numbers. don't take this the wrong way, but i am getting fed up with republican doublethink.

if you check historical sources (most easily thru stock trader's almanac -- the 2001 and 2002 editions had more presidential numbers, but this year's has some, too) you'll see that the mkt outperforms in the hands of a democratic pres combined with a repub congress.

you'll also see (2003 almanac p42) that the year before an election year has not been a losing year in 64 years! (even dumya couldn't tank the mkt the year before an election year).

considering the 2001-2002 market losses during dumya's first 2 years, it's complete and utter bullshit to say that the market has outperformed in his hands, and considering that little tidbit from p42 of the almanac, it's pretty uninformed to say that mkts outperform in hands of a repub president.

but i'd like to point out that the market accelerated its run to the shitter right when dumya "won" the election and continued south until the march03 lows. so excepting 2003 (year before election) the market has done terribly in the hands of that retard.

...and i AM a profitable trader and HATE republicans more than i hate quote.com.

let's also not forget that the biggest crashes in this century happened while repubs were pres.

the whole "republicans are good for capitalism, jesus, and white people" thing is just part of the GOP's clever whisper campaign...(except maybe the white people part).

republicans are a plague in this country which must be cut away. i say we shoot 'em all and replace them with libertarians. j/k :D

#41     Dec 8, 2003
  2. applying this logic to dumya, what do you make of him now? i mean, after he stopped drinkin and druggin and FOUND SWEET BABY JESUS!?

acc to your logic (and my own :D ), that would make dumya a complete retard.

please clarify.

#42     Dec 8, 2003
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

DAMMIT! why do you liberals think freedom is an entitlement? F*ck!!!!. Just because you won the lottery in which you had 20 to 1 odds against being born an american does not give you the right to think that freedom is something you are entitled to.

Millions of men and women have died for your freedom. We had to fight for our freedom. It was not given to us! We don't deserve it! We are not better then any other country! You f*cking liberals act as if we can just sit on our freedom and our lavish lifestyle thinking that no one is going to try to take it from us? What the f*ck are you smoking? We as americans are going to have to fight for this freedom every day the rest of our lives. If that means we have to go over to the middle east and bring some sort of stability before all those countries unite with all their money, all their power and all their influence to come together and wipe us off the face of the earth, then that's what we have to do.

Oh but they won't do that you argue. They are peaceful loving people who only want what's best for themselves. We are evil, we are coming over to oppress them and take their oil. Yeah right! OK whatever. You believe that. It is very paramount to this nation that we bring stability, not necessarily peace, but stability to the rest of the world. If we are not successful in doing that, the very freedoms that you think you are entitled to will be gone.

Oh and guess what? It's a lot harder to fight to get your freedom back then it is to fight to keep it. Keep that in mind. Some of you are very naive. As technology improves more and more every day, all it will take one day is for a single click with a mouse on a computer to destroy us, when we get to that day you better hope that we know who has their hand on it and how to stop it.

As for the murders in this country, it sickens me that democrats, who are suppose to be the party for the minorities, have no interest in actually protecting the minorities or helping them to improve their lives. Instead millions die each year because the very party that supports them has sold them out so they can focus on winning an election. Now that is something to proud of!

Go ahead Nolan write a short 3 line post with a million smiley faces on it like you normally do.

Go ahead aroguetrader, dissect my post line by line and tell me where my statements are vague and ambiguous.

Madison why don't you jump in and throw some of your liberal spin on it like you normally do.

El cubano why don't you jump in and say again how bad you feel about all 400 of our soldiers that have been killed but please don't mention anything about the 300,000 americans killed in world war 2 or the 60 million world wide that lost their lives in war 2.

Am I leaving anyone out?

#43     Dec 8, 2003
  4. Wait a cotton picking minute!!!! they were more than just 3 lines:D :D I still like you tho....:p

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=25475&perpage=6&pagenumber=6

ya know.. at times less is more... :D learned that from metooxx :D

Now if we can all just get along... :cool:

#44     Dec 8, 2003
  5. Can someone please tell me why our President, our Republican President is such a PROTECTIONIST?

Aren't Republican's supposed to be for FREE-MARKETS?

Kennedy, Reagan, Bush Sr., and Clinton were all for FREE-TRADE, but not George Dubya.

Can someone please tell me why a Republican President is not for FREE-TRADE?

:confused:

P.S. Has anyone been watching what has been happening to our Dollar lately . . . tumbling 44% since October 2000?

#45     Dec 8, 2003
  6. ok on the first part -- you're 100% right: many sacrifices were made to liberate the US and to keep it free from oppressive governments, and freedom is (was) a precious thing.

after that things get murky.... a few unanswered questions: why do "they" want to "take" freedom? for what purpose? exactly who has to be "stabilized"? how will the "stabilizing" cause them to stop wanting to "take" freedoms?

#46     Dec 8, 2003
  7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Ok Bungie,
    No, I do not think republicans are the way to go. Bob however does. And he wanted to stick up for Bush and Rush and Liddy.

Me....
    I think all politicians are dirty whatever party and basically not worth the bullet. Shiftless bunch of ass kissers who go where the money to elect them is.
    I furthermore think Rush and Liddy are lunatics.
    I am not for wars in any shape or form.
    I think we should have really tightened up our borders and said to hell with the towel heads. Used those guns to protect us here at home.
    I am for feeding everyone and making sure they have medicines they need. But that is where the aid stops. Period.
    But Bob will tell you, I do not live in the real world.
    Cathy

#47     Dec 8, 2003
  8. Pabst

Pabst

ROFL! Cathy is Huey Long.

#48     Dec 8, 2003
  9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Who is Huey Long?:confused:
    Not the politician from Louisiana who was corrupt as hell?

#49     Dec 8, 2003
  10. Pabst

Pabst

Long was the most famous politician in Louisiana history. Read this link. He was a unique, storied figure.

http://www.ssa.gov/history/hlong1.html

#50     Dec 8, 2003