Did Gun Bans In The U.K. And Australia Work?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

They used to be real men too.

#11     Dec 28, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

I can see it now -

Candidates, I will say, "Ready -- set -- fire. When you hear me say "fire" you will turn and take one shot at your opponent being as quick and accurate as possible.

OK, here we go. Ready -- Set (BAM!!)

Mr. Obama, I said when I say "Fire" you are to turn and fire.

Obama: "I wasn't taking any chances by playing by the rules. I would rather be President than be honest."

#12     Dec 28, 2012
  3. From my understanding there hasn't been a mass shooting in Australia since.

#13     Dec 28, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Actually there has been.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monash_University_shooting

You guys should really make an effort to find your "facts" somewhere other than pulling them from your ass. IOW, your "facts" STINK!

Many of the countries with the strictest gun control have the highest rates of violent crime. Australia and England, which have virtually banned gun ownership, have the highest rates of robbery, sexual assault, and assault with force of the top 17 industrialized countries.

source:Criminal Victimization in Seventeen Industrialized Countries, Dutch Ministry of Justice, 2001.

It is a common fantasy that gun bans make society safer. In 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006 (16.3 percent), says the D.C. Examiner.

Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
    Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
    Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.
    Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.
    Firearm-related murders were up 19%
    • Armed robberies were up 69%
    • Home invasions were up 21%

http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=17847

#14     Dec 28, 2012
  5. The shooting you reference said the gunman acquired guns legally. One more fail for "law abiding citizens"

#15     Dec 28, 2012
  6. I guess what they said was 3 or more deaths or something like that. Only 2 died in that incident.

#16     Dec 28, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh well, only two? Hardly worth mentioning.

Did you know that an estimated 21,000 children die EVERY day across the planet?
    Kinda puts things in perspective, does it not?

#17     Dec 28, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I've already posted irrefutable facts that gun owners commit statistically significant less crimes than non owners.

And you focus on an outlier? And try to treat it as the norm? You readily embrace the facts and evidence in the Trayvon/Zimm shooting. Yet you eagerly ignore all the pertinent gun control facts?

#18     Dec 28, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

How many of you libturds have been shot with a gun in the U.S.? Come on, raise your hands.

None? Wow, that's amazing. With all the assault rifles out there and 300 million total guns how can that be? To listen to you guys, there must be someone shot every week on just about every block in America.

Ok, Ok. I'm being a little tough on you. So, how many of you libturds have been in a car accident?

All of you? Wow, again, that's amazing. I guess we should be talking about limiting who can drive a car and what kind of cars we should allow those people to own.

Do you see how stupid your promotion of gun-control is now? Of, course you don't - you're just a stupid libturd.

:D :D

#19     Dec 28, 2012
  10. The point of putting a ban on assault weapons is to stop somebody from committing mass murder. Your post doesn't put anything in perspective by the way. Most of those kids live in very poor countries.

#20     Dec 28, 2012